Cavzilla Console Build.

well being the picture whore that I am,and feeding of of the compliments from you guys.....Here are some more pix...

I started out by throwin down some plastic to protect my (still mint) 18 year old carpet..

Posted Image

as with most of the stuff i build,I really didnt have a set plan.I knew I wanted to start with a foundation mold of the floor though...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After it cured,I took it back out of the car for some trimming...

Posted Image

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

the rear of the consil mounts to the factory mount on the floor...

Posted Image

Posted Image

and on the sides there are mounts,which go to the seat bolts...

Posted Image

Posted Image

armrest, :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

Now pay attention to whats going on here :o Because this is one of the pieces Im most proud of,yet nobody ever seems to notice the crazyness :blink: that went into this piece... :huh:

For the upper section of the console,I salvaged the upper portion of the stock console...

(where the radio/HVAC controls and part of the ashtray go)

Here is the top section of the stock console.(heater controls and radio location)..Being chopped up.

Posted Image

The front panel cut down and taped in position.Notice the flange (where the ashtry was).this flange was left there for a reason.

Posted Image

I made a bottom for this section from a peice of 3/8.. particle board

Posted Image

Posted Image

That little flange where the ash tray was ,,,will now get glassed in.This will make a lip which holds the bottom in place.The top is secured by the stock clips.

Posted Image

Posted Image

:^

I've been told to NOT fiberglass to plastic because it doesn't adhere. I've always made a whole piece and discarded any part that was plastic (real pain in the ass sometimes) Do you have any problems with the fiberglass seperating from the plastic?

it depends really.if the back side is accessable ,what I do is....drill holes for the resin to get through,then i put a couple layers of matt on the back side and the front,,,,this sandwitches the plastic between the 2 layers of glass,seems to work good...

oh i get it now i was supposed to pay attention to the holes? lol i probably would have been alot more ghetto with that. stapled it togethter then glasssed over that

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Damn...How many gallons of fiberglass have you used by now?? $$$

Your work is incredible. :^

as of right now there are about 10 gallons into the car,just opened my 3rd    5 gallon bucket,to refill my apple juice juggz

Posted Image

oh i get it now i was supposed to pay attention to the holes? lol i probably would have been alot more ghetto with that. stapled it togethter then glasssed over that

actually I was talking about how i blendid my thoughts with GMs in making these pieces work together,lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived