Second Skin Audio

First Post, looking to get subs

gamejunky16

Hey everyone,

I have been looking around the forum for a while. I recently got my first car, a 2008 pontiac g6 sedan, and I am ready to put some subs in. I am looking at putting 2 12's in. My goal is to have a good combo of sql and spl. I am not set on any brand in particular for the subs, so recommendations are greatly appreciated. Also, should I go with a sealed or ported box to have good sql? Thanks in advance for help.

Hey everyone,

I have been looking around the forum for a while. I recently got my first car, a 2008 pontiac g6 sedan, and I am ready to put some subs in. I am looking at putting 2 12's in. My goal is to have a good combo of sql and spl. I am not set on any brand in particular for the subs, so recommendations are greatly appreciated. Also, should I go with a sealed or ported box to have good sql? Thanks in advance for help.

hey there welcome to smd. how much are you willing to spend? and on what specific items? (such as subs, amps, wires, headunit etc)

you can achieve very good SQL from a correctly designed ported box (or go as far as a 4th order bandpass enclosure).

It can be mainstream but it does not have to be. I do not need a head unit. I would like to stay around $400-$500 on the subs and I can work around the price of the amp and wiring depending on what I need to power the subs. Im not looking to get anything super loud, I just want to and a fuller sound and the occasional big thump.

Archived