What Rules Would You Change If You Could?

I heard you did something similar to driveby at one of your shows, but the cars just sat there. More safe, and probably just as fun. :)

Yeah, sorta, kinda, not really. We just placed the mic on the outside and had competitors pull up. It was just for fun to kill some time. I did a 50/50 pot for it. $10 to enter, 8 cars, winner got $40

I've been known to do stupid stuff at shows like this to keep the excitment going. Back in the early 90's before Meca or dB Drag even, we used to do this in Springfield, Mo at a local shop. I think there it was 20' away using one of the old mics.

See you in the lanes,

dBSteve

www.midwestspl.com

2.jpg

i would love to see bassrace with windows down. And for the "owner" Mr. Wayne to get info out to the competitors sooner (nothing really to do with rules, it just piss's me off). I would also like to see bassrace have the 119 and 160+ class offered at world finals. Db drag is what got me into car audio, but with so much money having to be wrap up in your system to even at all competitive cost you a pint of blood and a left nut. That is why i love having bassrace around now. The rush you get when you are trying to hold that perfect 1X9.9 is a great feeling. I also feel that bassrace is the wave of the future, that is if the competitors don't get dicked around by "the man" Steve you hit the nail on the head with your post bud. There is advantages/disadvantages to all of the formats... you just have to pick your poison :D

I wrote a post one time when I was drunk about how cool it would be to have an anything goes db event, where there would be classes based on peak db/freq, autos/trucks/vans, and even a class where anything goes class where you can bring your own "Invention" that you can bring- pressurized air, moving panels, horns, whatever as long as its 100-80hz on down- but again, it would only be maybe 80-85% car audio based

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I wrote a post one time when I was drunk about how cool it would be to have an anything goes db event, where there would be classes based on peak db/freq, autos/trucks/vans, and even a class where anything goes class where you can bring your own "Invention" that you can bring- pressurized air, moving panels, horns, whatever as long as its 100-80hz on down- but again, it would only be maybe 80-85% car audio based

Usaci Super Mod Extreme .. anything goes class. Must be a vehicle

Usaci Mini Spl ( powerwheels ) ... "Invention" class

Usaci offers may different classes for everyone no matter your skill

See you in the lanes,

dBSteve

www.midwestspl.com

2.jpg

Bass Race is the future. USACI street beat is cool but if your gonna compete nationally you still need to spend big money in order to get anywhere. Bass Race is cool because some local kid can have a walmart install and still have a chance at winning.

DCSOUNDsig.jpg

2006 SPLMAX Bass Race Competitor of the Year

2006 Bass Race 156 points

Team DC Sounds

Team Maxxsonics

Team HR

Team Second Skin

Team Hooker Audio

http://dcsoundlab.com/

2006 Bass Race 156 points

2008 Starting from scratch