Sonic Electronix

My Autobody teacher who's worked for NASCAR for years told me that Fiberglass jelly is the stuff cuz it don't run..... Well i got some.. used it... It said 30drops hardner per 4oz of jelly...

i mixed it...

spread it...

It looked like it was good...

it's been well over an hour and it's still very tacky and not hard. I even added a few to many drops on accident? It says on the can after 30-40mins finish and paint...

Any ideas or should i just wait longer

edit: the hardner busted open on me last night and got every where,,, so i didn't get to do anything til today with it and used the last that was in the busted tube... will it go dead in air?

Edited by JMZNeal

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

maybe you dident put in enough hardener, i did the same thing on a few spots on the outside of my box with just reg. resin, took a few days to dry, then again i painted over it wile it was wet :P

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

how long should it take to get hard enough normaly with normal resin and hardner?

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

how long should it take to get hard enough normaly with normal resin and hardner?

usually like 10-30 min depending on type of resin, climate, how much hardener used, etc. sounds like theres not enough hardener in there or you got a very old batch thats been sittin on the shelf for a looong time

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

the first one was kinda getting hard but still very tackuy. the second one i just doubled up and tossed. I mixed a new batch from the new hardener so we'll see if that makes a diff. if not i'll mix it hotter next time. but i'm doing 4oz:30drops... maybe my drops are smaller than theirs? :pardon:

I like the jelly btw.. it's thick like bondo and spreads very thick.

I put two drops of the new stuff on my mixing stick with some jelly and it got hard while i was at my night class (1hrish) but it was only a dab of jelly so it was way outta proportion. ne way give it 30-40 min and we'll see if its getting hard.. thanks guys

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

F it...... i'll just redo them tom with hotter mix if there not cured my morning. the the old one is hardish in places but the new one isn't even starting to harden....... WTF is the point of directions if they're wrong?

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

F it...... i'll just redo them tom with hotter mix if there not cured my morning. the the old one is hardish in places but the new one isn't even starting to harden....... WTF is the point of directions if they're wrong?

are you using bondo brand? if so, it could have been sitting for a long time. what are you trying to do exactly? personally, I cant really think of anything Id want the jelly for. sounds like a whole lot of wasted resin and layering would become harder; sounds like you would be sacrificing strength too. :shrug:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I don't think jelly would be anything I would want to use. I wouldn't want thick layers. I use and like bondos resin and use about 40-50drops per 4oz and usually have 10-15 minutes of work time with it and it's usually sandable in 30. Maybe try 35 drops or a smaller batch of like 2oz to test with 15-20 drops.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

idk... not getting it again though.. i'll do regular resin next time.. i just liked the idea of i being so thick.. i'm using the Napa brand

and i was so excited about starting my doors today too..... F it....

Edited by JMZNeal

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

if it's just not enough hardener will it ever cure? maybe the package was just wrong and it's not horse shity hardener

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2