Second Skin Audio

Tuning question

Going to put 2 Audioque HDC3 15's , my back seats in my civic are removed, so i'll be putting the box in the back seat (level with the entrance of the trunk), I was just putting some thoughts together, and was wondering if a setup like this would work. Having three 6" aeroports going into the trunk from the back seat cabin where the box is. This is daily driver, not trying for spl or anything, I just want really low lows, I listen mostly to C&S and slowed down stuff. My question is, what should the length of the ports be? I had em on google sketchup at like 16 inches, I've never tuned a box before so i'm new to all this, does the length of the port change the tuning frequency I want? Any advice would be great, thanks.

33o43zs.jpg

2zpmqti.jpg

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Hifonics Brutus 1K (Subs)

Alpine MRP 250 (Mids/Highs)

Lots o' sound deadening

In a trunk you will lose a ton of sound by doing that. For that setup you want subs and port forward if possible space wise, I think it is? Or subs forward port up or port forward subs up would also work better then what you have there atleast. As for port length we would need exact box dimensions to help. yes port length and how many ports are what create your tuning.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

In a trunk you will lose a ton of sound by doing that. For that setup you want subs and port forward if possible space wise, I think it is? Or subs forward port up or port forward subs up would also work better then what you have there atleast. As for port length we would need exact box dimensions to help. yes port length and how many ports are what create your tuning.

Yeah I just wanted to throw it out there, lol. Ok I have another question, would it hit harder if I had the 2 15s in the trunk, slot port down the middle, and sealed around the edges (seal trunk from cabin), OR, seal the trunk and have the box (subs up, port up) sit in my backseat?

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Lots o' sound deadening

idk if u wanna face the ports into the trunk. id face them at the back window maybe and seal the trunk off from the cabin. and as far as tuning download this. box calculator put in specs and play with port size and length till your happy. jusy make sure u have the correct port area. it will tell u what u need in the program. and for C&S music id say tune to about 29hz

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

Two 15's are "doable" in a trunk but not easy to actually do right space wise. If you're still new to the big boy audio world I would say do two 12's or 10's in the trunk. And just my opinion from others. I wouldn't recommend the HDCs if all you plan on listening to is chopped and screwed. They do hit lows ok but they don't really do well tuned low.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Two 15's are "doable" in a trunk but not easy to actually do right space wise. If you're still new to the big boy audio world I would say do two 12's or 10's in the trunk. And just my opinion from others. I wouldn't recommend the HDCs if all you plan on listening to is chopped and screwed. They do hit lows ok but they don't really do well tuned low.

I mean I want to be able to play all kinds of music, but I want low lows, so I figure i'll have to tune it kinda low. I have 2 L5 12's in right now, and they hit nice. But I wanna move on up to something louder and powerful.

(2) Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-X305 HU

Dual Optimas

Big three

Kenwood EQ

RF Components

Lots o' sound deadening

I mean I want to be able to play all kinds of music, but I want low lows, so I figure i'll have to tune it kinda low. I have 2 L5 12's in right now, and they hit nice. But I wanna move on up to something louder and powerful.

haha DC lvl4xl do the low lows

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

That design looks like he one fritos is using in his trunk car with a sngle 18" and 2 8" aeroports, he has sub up/ports to the back and he scores and sound very loud, check him out...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/