Sundown Audio

soundstream xxx 10,000k

roger1978

has anyone had expierence with the soundstream xxx 10000 tarantrula i just bought one hooked it up and watched it go up in smoke and was wanting to see if anyone has ever had this happen or even know anything about these amps thanks for any help that you can give

what is your electrical like?

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

what is your electrical like?

electrical is great big 3 done all 1/0 wire with 4 agm group31 in the back while running it holds at 14.9 volts

i would have to assume you put wires backward or you got a used amp that was at the brink and somehow got that unlucky.... Ground wire might not have been grounded properly... I mean it really sounds like it grounded out horribly bad. :trippy:

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

i made sure my power and grounds were in the correct spots i can see where someone could think that though i had someone tell me that it could have blown a transformer or something and caused the short i guess i am wanting to see if anyone has any past expierience with these amps i do know everything was hooked up correctly though thats why im looking for help now

as soon as i turn on my power this amp smoked in like 10 seconds running at .5 ohm load

I THINK THERES YOUR PROBLEM. running it at that low of a ohm must have pulled some mad current..

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Archived