Sonic Electronix

Two RE 8's in a T-Line box or a RE SR15 in a pre-fab box?

I was wondering which would be louder in terms of dB, im not worried too much about the sound quality. The t-line box would be a well made one, however where im from its not easy to get t-line boxes for 15" or any other sizes so, if you can help me with this, thanks. The pre-fab 15" box i have is an ordinary ported box with the slant back style.

Edited by DynamikT

I would say the 15s would meter well, if that is what you looking for, the 8s would only be impressive sounding in comparison to the 15s

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

T-lines tend to not do well on a meter, but their frequency response is very flat, where as a pre-fab ported box is most likely going to be tuned higher yielding better numbers at higher frequencies, and sacrificing some lowend response

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I like my speakers to sound good, and prefab box with a high tuning is not my definition of sounding good.... I'd get the 15 and spend $40 on the supplies to build my own box for it. Not only would that be the best sounding of the 3 but you'd have a box built to fit your vehicle better, you'll gain some knowledge and experience, and you'll have a greater appreciation of this hobby we all love.