How to test alternator?

Good, so you see where I'm coming from. I'm from NY so I guess I'll try out local shops first and "quiz" them before I let them touch my car. Sorry if my original post came off kinda creepy..lol

Haha honestly it did, but i was kinda a dick about the response so sorry about that. And i've been thinking about making a quiz to bring to installers, just never got around to physically writing it out.

Honestly if you want it done well, and above all RIGHT, i would make the trip here. He will not stop until ultimate perfection is achieved. <direct quote<

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Haha honestly it did, but i was kinda a dick about the response so sorry about that. And i've been thinking about making a quiz to bring to installers, just never got around to physically writing it out.

Honestly if you want it done well, and above all RIGHT, i would make the trip here. He will not stop until ultimate perfection is achieved. <direct quote<

It's all good :D I should go there. It's only like 2 hrs away (depending

what part) and I could go to Hershey again..haha. Based on previous builds, I definately believe that quote

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

It's all good :D I should go there. It's only like 2 hrs away (depending

what part) and I could go to Hershey again..haha. Based on previous builds, I definately believe that quote

If you do, lemme know. Id love to shake your hand, its always kool to meet people who arn't idiots.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

If you do, lemme know. Id love to shake your hand, its always kool to meet people who arn't idiots.

K, I'll make sure I do. ;) it'll be in a few months though

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Friday i ordered a 140a alt, and less than an hour and a half later i got an email with a shipping code. Cannot complain about that, but im a lil worried... it said 140a, but it was bragging about "being capable of 65a at idle" but never saying anything about how or where it reaches 140a and i have no idea how to test it.

Any help?

Also i'm like 10 mins from Ed so if i begged enough i could prolly have access to some amazing equipment with an amazing mind or two helping me. So throw out any ideas on how to test an alt as i could prolly swing something.

Will check up and measure how many gives ampere the generator it is possible токовыми pincers типо such http://www.platan.ru/cgi-bin/qwery.pl/id=997497483&group=13749