Water in the trunk! :( wheres it coming from??

aight i have a 1990 integra and i have had this ongoing problem with water in my trunk, and it ruins all my boxes :( the thing is the water only comes from the ground up and no signs of water on top of the box, just the bottom.. and big rains i will tend to see water accumulate in the left side of trunk but not like deep water but enough to get to the bottom of box. So where is this coming from and what are ways i can fix this?

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

aight i have a 1990 integra and i have had this ongoing problem with water in my trunk, and it ruins all my boxes :( the thing is the water only comes from the ground up and no signs of water on top of the box, just the bottom.. and big rains i will tend to see water accumulate in the left side of trunk but not like deep water but enough to get to the bottom of box. So where is this coming from and what are ways i can fix this?

is there rust anywhere in trunk? mightve gotten bad enough to where it made hole lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

check your drip rails down the roof or the trunk lid of the car. they can be leaking in a certain place thats causing it to only go to the floor. my sis eclipse used to have a puddle of water in the trunk under the spare. in the winter it would be an ice block haha

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

is there rust anywhere in trunk? mightve gotten bad enough to where it made hole lol

no rust at all. and i dnt think its coming from the lid

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

and if its runing all your boxes get your box covered in that line x bed liner stuff. looks sick and makes box air tight and water proof. i think its like 50bucks to cover a 3 cube box in it at a dealer

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

and if its runing all your boxes get your box covered in that line x bed liner stuff. looks sick and makes box air tight and water proof. i think its like 50bucks to cover a 3 cube box in it at a dealer

hm might try that..

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

is it a hatchback or trunk car? cant tell from the avy

either way, check the seal around the hatch/trunk. 20 year old rubber tends to rot lol.

on trunk cars, some start to leak around the edge by the back window, it could be a slow enough leak that it doesnt drip but just rolls down the panel to the bottom

unless you're driving through a LOT of water, i doubt it's coming from the wheelwells, but its possible.

just a few ideas :shrug:

Also, if it's only in one corner, drill a hole in the floor so it can drain. I had to do this on my cutlass, and now in customer cars, if the trunk is flooding, I just leave the drain plugs out. Never had one problem with water coming in through the plugs/holes

its a trunk car. and ther is some kind of vent flap on the side of the trunk that leads to the outside of car.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

its a trunk car. and ther is some kind of vent flap on the side of the trunk that leads to the outside of car.

those are for venting the air inside the trunk. Are they closed or is one of the flaps stuck open? They are supposed to be one-way vents, so air can go out but nothing can come in.

A good test to see if its coming from above is to line the trunk floor (or whichever side is getting wet) with toilet paper, then run a hose over the trunk/glass/wherever, keep it wet for a minute or so, then open the trunk and see whats wet. It'll give you a better idea where its leaking at.