Water in the trunk! :( wheres it coming from??

its a trunk car. and ther is some kind of vent flap on the side of the trunk that leads to the outside of car.

have you ripped up all the carpet or anything blocking bare metal? go though and double check every single corner crevice etc

also check ALL your seals!, double check all the weather stripping aswell

Edited by Freshman6969

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

I had a similar problem due to taillights that weren't sealing against the body properly. Check those seals and make sure the screws are tight too (in my case, a stud had broken loose inside the light so it couldn't be properly tightened; check that too)

Too many projects, too little time...

my car did the same thing, but my guess is that the car was in a collision before i bought it because the rear driver side has missing parts and is marked with the marker they use to inspect the car after accidents. but my trunk did the same thing, it would get so wet that you could smell mold (luckilly it never reached my box because thats elevated in my trunk) but i found where it was leaking. Some cars in the wheel wheel have an area where the inner part of the well meets the outside. its kinda hard to explain it since i have no clue what they call it. but best part to find it is look in your trunk (peel back all the carpeting on the side of the trunk that is wet) and look for a lip in the metal where the wheel well is. The lip on my driver side was not sealed at all, and the weld was so shitty on it. so i sealed it up quite a bit with some undercoating spray and then some silicone caulk (ghetto but who cares, it worked and nobody sees it) and since then my trunk NEVER gets wet. but another thing you can try is to take a sheet of paper and place it so that it rests on the trunks rubber seal and close the trunk, move the paper around and see if you feel any spots where it seems very loose, those spots are where you should either re-enforce the seal with some window foam or get a new weather strip for the trunk (which a new weather strip costs around $50 sometimes) but i hope this gets you going on it. best of luck.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

• 1 year later...

is there rust anywhere in trunk? mightve gotten bad enough to where it made hole lol

no rust at all. and i dnt think its coming from the lid

idk the name of where it could come from but its like a pressure relief system behind the carpet on the opposite side of the fuel lines like a rubber gasket that allows air out and nothing in.. but in your case its allowing water in while driving in wet weather there is also a few rubber "stoppers" under the carpet in trucks that might be damaged/dry rot/ etc. check those out

4 JL10W3

8 JLC2 6"

8 JLC2 6.50" components

1000 Watt JLJ2 classD amp 1 ohm

700.5 JL XD amp