Second Skin Audio

Ported box design help ?

4cuft and 2 4" ports wont work...stop trying.

in a 3cuft box wont work that well either with the same ports.

i dont think you have seen some of the big ass ports some people on here have ran. theres people here that have 8" or 12" ports in their box and you complain about a few little 4's.

if you are that hell bent on not bending ports or adding more NECESSARY ports, then just make a slot port box.

i think my opinion is a damn good one. 3-4 cuft, 99% of the time, you cannot run 2 4" ports correctly. go ahead and try it if you dont want to friggin listen. i spent quite a lot of time trying to help you out then you just go on RoE and find someone else to just throw together a design for you...awesome. guess i wont be helping you again.

Edited by Kranny

my opinion is a damn good one. 3-4 cuft, 99% of the time, you cannot run 2 4" ports correctly. go ahead and try it if you dont want to friggin listen. i spent quite a lot of time trying to help you out then you just go on RoE and find someone else to just throw together a design for you...awesome. guess i wont be helping you again.

wow i said thank you !

rwhops.jpg

sorry kranny you are wrong

2 4's will work just fine it is on the lower end of the scale but considering the xmax capabilities of the sub woofers and the power used it will work just fine

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

i think my opinion is a damn good one. 3-4 cuft, 99% of the time, you cannot run 2 4" ports correctly. go ahead and try it if you dont want to friggin listen. i spent quite a lot of time trying to help you out then you just go on RoE and find someone else to just throw together a design for you...awesome. guess i wont be helping you again.

your help was worthless... unfortunately

your telling him to put bends in an aero port...which completely defies the purpose of them.

sometimes other constraints have to be considered... he just cant fit the depth of 3 ports or 2 in a smaller box for that matter.

xplods aren't powerfully motored or high linearity woofers anyway...so they'll do fine with lower port area. vas i'm sure isn't small as their meant to be efficient due to clientele, therfor they need a larger box. 4 cubes would be a good target.

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg