I have a 2002 Mazda Millenia with the 2.5 motor. I'm looking to beef up my electrical. So the question is which way should I go h/o alt or batts. Stock alt is 120 amps I think. I have the big 3 done with 1/0. Going to pull the 4 gauge and through in 1/0. I have a Alphasonik pmd 800a at 2ohms should be 1640 but volts drop when cranked and a Kicker 350.4 which is soon going to be replaced by a Crescendo 1000.4. Which would work best?

I would go with alternator you got to have power to make power. once you draw the 100+ amps your stock alternator is putting out you will drop to resting voltage of battery which is usually 12.6 or less. ive talked to dom alot about this and hes stating that hes trying to get away from multiple batterys and do multiple alternators instead. and ive done that and it works great. so in my opinion i say go with alternator first. and a good battery up front you should be golden

Edited by dd98hoe

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I would go with alternator you got to have power to make power. once you draw the 100+ amps your stock alternator is putting out you will drop to resting voltage of battery which is usually 12.6 or less.

this is true, once you are using all the power your alt is putting out, you will need to draw power from the battery and that means lower voltage until you have a chance to charge

but, I'm running stock (60A) alt and stock battery on my honda, and while it sounds decent, I know I'm getting voltage drop like a mother

first thing I'm doin when I get it back is getting a decent HO alt, and maybe a small battery in the back

you got to have power to make power.

ty

Edited by moetpoppin

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log