Sundown Audio

Rf T4k Vs Atomic 5k

xclusiv3

hopefully by friday or saturday i can tell you guys which im going with, probably atomic.

now deciding the enclosure is going to be tough.

ported or bandpass? that is the question.

trunk cars suck.

good call...i dont think i have ever seen one of their amps ran by someone in person...but i hear great things about them. its cool to be different!

if u go ported i would fire everything forward, sealed off from the trunk. if u go bandpass then i would port thru the rear deck...just depends on if u feel like busting the saw out on your car.

oh, and although trunk cars do suck...i think they are fun to get creative with and hit big numbers in...people just dont expect it from a trunker!

Edited by amatt85

i likes me some audio stuff...

its here on this website under another Atomic thread. But Honestly, Atomic has been around since Ive known early 90s, maybe even late 80's

They built some of the tuffest subs, and amps ever since

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

good call...i dont think i have ever seen one of their amps ran by someone in person...but i hear great things about them. its cool to be different!

if u go ported i would fire everything forward, sealed off from the trunk. if u go bandpass then i would port thru the rear deck...just depends on if u feel like busting the saw out on your car.

oh, and although trunk cars do suck...i think they are fun to get creative with and hit big numbers in...people just dont expect it from a trunker!

well last setup i faced it forward, but it wasnt sealed off...it hit nicely, but when i turned it around it was way louder, inside and out. now me being 17, i like it loud outside, flame if ya want i dont care im not wreckless with it.

i hear that if you face it forward and have it as far back in the trunk as possible it yields great results.

i was thinking bandpass till now, but i hear i'd need 8cubes internal....well last box was 5internal and i had about 12" left....it wouldnt fit in the trunk opening....

so maybe i take money i budgeted from install and put it in BTL 15's or sumtin :D

hopefuly get news on amp tomorrow....if you knew what i was dealing with you'd understand my uncertainty. (no if you get that last statement dont start stuff in here)