DC Sound Lab

Best Box For A 12" XL

Soooo. The FS of the 12" is 38.9hz. Might be answering my own question there but I wouldn't be able to bug you guys if I didn't ask. What's the best (subs best performance) tuning wise? I still want to hit lows and I know it probably still will if tuned to 38-9 but was just wondering if you guys had some personal experience or "professional" suggestions.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

running a lvl 4 with a 5 coil personaly, im tuned to 38, and it doesnt play decaf or big pimpins stuff well at all, if i were you, id tune somewhere 35-30hz

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

I'm just worried if I'll lose a lot of output by tuning in the low 30s

then do 35hz

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

I know people run these subs. Hell, just ordered mine and it was the last XL motor they had in stock so I'm just wanting to know from people running 4 xls and 5s in a 12" what they tuned to and liked. But also if they can still hit lows

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

So i've spent the past few hours looking around and am even more lost. I think its Rusty I talked to says stay at exactly 1.5^ft for the box but I've looked through out the forums here and google and youtube and see so many people using up to 2.5^ft per speaker such as Skittlesrgood. His box is 5^ft tuned to 33 I think. I'll call and talk to them if I need to again but maybe I can get some answers here first. I'm putting the XL in as a temporary install for the winter and want to get the most I can out of it. Should be running a AQ2200D to it. So....best box size net volume, and best tuning are my questions still...... :ehh:

edit. I know I've also seen 10" XLs in 2^ft with no problems as well.....

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Had one XL 18 tuned to 32 Hz. 6.85 cubes and it played effectively from 30-46ish Hz. Also the port was too close to the hatch. When messing around with placement it sounded good up to 48-50 Hz.

I have a design being made for 2 XL's walled tuned around 35 Hz.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

The 18s and 15s actually have a lot lower FS. Near 35-31 I think. I hate everyone on here that has big ass speakers because you can't help me as much! lol.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Sorry haha. I think you'd be good with 34-36 Hz. To be honest the loudest Decaf songs seem to be 32-36 Hz as far as dB recording. I thought it would be great to play low 30's and high 20's, but I can't play songs that suck even if they are loud(Soulja Boy, etc) After building my box and making the play list, none of the songs were below 32 Hz. lol. I think you will like the 35 area, though, to not lose much output and still play low.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow