Sundown Audio

Jacob's Jeep : 4x SA-12s + 4500D = 153.8 dB

Planning to run this setup for nSPL Finals this weekend... needed to stay under 5000 watts on the nSPL clamp meters. On my meter it clamped exactly 4000 watts last night which should be 4700-5000 on their clamps.

Tuning is in the high 30s and peaks at 47 Hz... tuned to 30 Hz and also peaking at 47 Hz it was about 1.8 dB quieter but still not bad at all, IMO. I plan to try cutting the ports down a bit more to see if I can get a tad more from it on the meter... may or may not get that done before the Finals event.

Best score with just me in the Jeep was 153.8 and with Nick from Stereo Integrity in it as well we got 154.0 dB -- sealed on the dash.

CIMG4327.JPG

* One SAZ-4500D chilling out on my amp rack. Running at 0.25 ohms for burps -- re-wires to 1 ohm for daily.

CIMG4328.JPG

* 3x 6" Aero-Ports... box is a hair over 6 cubes with my shortened ports. Almost exactly 6 cubes with full length ports. Team Sundown Derrick build this box for me.

CIMG4329.JPG

* One NSB-G3100 in this corner.

CIMG4330.JPG

* Added an XS Power D3100 this morning... score did not increase but my voltage doesn't drop as bad on burps and I'll be able to play music longer of course!

CIMG4331.JPG

* Standard DEKA starting battery.

CIMG4332.JPG

* External voltage regulator.

CIMG4333.JPG

* Excessive Amperage 225-amp alternator. Have been running this for about 2 years now.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

This setup does keep gaining with power... with the full length ports (which are 1.8 down at this power level) I have done a 154.7 before with this same setup running two 3500Ds @ 0.25 each.

I plan to try more power after the show... and eventually to try four Z v.2 12s with single spiders. I tried some Nightshades a while back with 3 spiders and it was actually quieter than the SA-12s -- so I think this box needs a much softer compliance.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

looks sexy

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

did you try the skate ramp back in there jacob ?

sealed up on the termlab mic on dash 4-sa12"s 2-3500d's 153.4db now testing a american bass 1100.1 no numbers yet 300amp iraggi alt and kinetik batts.

nice stuff! try getting that wire away from the port, and get that tape off the port. your costing yourself a tenth or two. awesome stuff!

It was identical with or without the wires and tape and also without the second battery in back -- last night I had only the NSB in there and it was exactly the same.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

It was identical with or without the wires and tape and also without the second battery in back -- last night I had only the NSB in there and it was exactly the same.

interesting.

i got a question for you about my upcoming build. how can i get hold of you?

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

interesting.

i got a question for you about my upcoming build. how can i get hold of you?

I have seen gains moving wires completely out of ports... as much as 0.3 in my "Magic Box" -- but it has no effect on this one.

Email to [email protected] works well.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

Looks like you are going to be in my no-wall 2501-5000 class this weekend :angry: :angry: :angry:

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg