Sonic Electronix

Audiopipe 30001d mono signal in 2 channel mode?

Ok....I am thinking about getting the ap30001d. I know it is 2 ap15001d's strapped in the same case and I know that it can only be run 2 ohm minimum bridged @ 3000 rms or 4 ohm 2000 rms. Now if you run it in 2 channel mode it is the same thing just different impedence. eg. 2x 1 ohm is 1500 rms per or 2x 2 ohm is 1000 rms per. All that being said I want to know if when it is run in 2 channel mode if the speakers will recieve a mono signal or a stereo one? On the audiopipe website the catalog sheet has a diagram and it says " connections for 2 speakers mono ". Now is this true or will the signal be stereo? I want to hook up my 2 subs this way ( they are dual 4 ohm ) so I can get 1000 rms to each sub. I don't want to run 4 ohm bridged if I can help it. I would rather hook up like it shows in the diagram if the signal will still be mono. I can't find info on this anywhere.

http://www.audiopipe.com/images/cata...-2008-pg21.jpg

Edited by Moley

I think if you run 2ohm to each channel it will see it as 2ohms per "amp" inside which should be around 1000rms a sub. One thing I'm not positive of but is there a 1ohm version of the 3000 or is there just typos out there?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

With 2 d4s you can get a 4 ohm load. Two 1000 watt subs would be fine (amp does 2k at 4) just curious, but why don't you want to run bridged?

Edit-I'm almost positive running it as a 2 channel would still be mono. Most sub outputs I've used are mono, so there shouldn't be anything making it stereo.

Edited by bassfiend316

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewitem_c.php?id=17762 (underrated... so I've heard)

2000 watts rms @ 1 ohm for 280 lol sorry if im always trying to push this amp on people :peepwall:

Edited by pheint_1

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

Wow nice responses. I have been on other forums and noone respondes to nothin. This is my new favourite place me thinks. Anyways ya........I have 2 dual 4 ohm Orion HCCA 10's ( 1500 rms each )and my electrical can only handle about 1500-2000 rms I think. I have a 120 amp alt and a good battery. I had a hifonics bxi2006d ( about 1700rms is what people say ) and I only had very slight dimming. I don't want to get an H/O alt right now ( mabye later ) as it's in a brand new genesis coupe and I don't want to mess with it right now. I sold the amp cause I was bored with it and wanted something a bit bigger. I came across the ap30001d on ebay for 312.00 ( cheaper than aq2200 ) and researched it and people like it. I want an amp that does 2k solid ( don't care if I get a bit of dimming ) and don't know for sure if I should get this amp and run it at 2000 rms ( 4 ohm mono or 2 ohm 2 channel )the reason I ask if it puts out a mono signal even in 2 channel mode is cause I don't want to pull my subs out and re wire them ( I have wire coming out the box for each coil ) and I read that the amp does 100-200 watts more in 2 channel mode. I don't know if thats true but its just easier for me to run all my wires to 2 terminals. Anyways, the other amp I have my eye on is the bxi2608d that I can get for the same price almost. Everyone says aq2200 but it is just slightly out of my price range. I would have to pay us to cad and brokerage etc.