Sonic Electronix

yea but if i sell the Xplods im gonna wanna stay away from em lol, and I've thought about building a nice Ported enclosure for em. you guys are slowly turning me back to the xplods lol.....they did not sound Bad at all when i had em on my JL 500/1, the only thing i have to run them on now tho is a Dual amp that i can bridge to get 300 watts out of. But when i put these subs on a JL 250/1 they pounded pretty good then too.

mind you our decisions are based sole on the 4 xplods vs 1 dayton. if you came up with a budget of some sort for woofer(s) and an amp (maybe) then we can help you make a decision that doesnt involve sony or dayton lol.

oh btw dual amps arent that nice. that amp you bridged can output like 150w (if its the red one with the clear front or something). whyd you sell your jl and ended up with a dual?

I didn't get rid of the JL it smoked out from Voltage drop I believe, and now it powers on but doesn't put out any sound. Fixable?

And nahh I have the Black dual amp. Model: Dual XIA2460

...i have NEVER heard of someone smoking a 500rms amp from voltage drop. hell i had a good 1300rms on my stock alt (5 year old amp and 10 year old amp) and they still work. talk to Boon on here regarding your amp, hes freaky crazy about amps.

buy 2 more explodes, run 6 :)

JL might have cracked solder on the RCA terminals..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

wtf how the hell you get volt drop from 500 rms hahaha but seriously. 4 12s ported tuned low

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

It happens, I get voltage drop with 300 rms and even less after drop :angry: like a whole volt even more sometimes

Edited by 7jezuz7

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

It happens, I get voltage drop with 300 rms and even less after drop :angry: like a whole volt even more sometimes

on idle or driving. big difference. driving on stock alt and ~1500rms AMP DRAW and stock duracrap battery and big 3 i dropped like a volt tops.

lol @ buy 2 more xplodes and run 6, i'd do that if i had room, but im in a Impala so that wont fly.

the only reason i figured the amp died from Voltage drop is because i was playing on full tilt at idle for about 20-25 mins; the whole time my lights were dimming like crazy..but I will try to Pm Boon about the amp, and i think you guys gave me some good advice, thanks.

i think im gonna just build a nice ported enclosure for em then either get a Audioque 1200D or get this here JL fixed...probably just save for the Audioque tho...it sucks working at McDonalds and having more than two Bill to pay everytime i get paid

Edited by Rockbrook

on idle or driving. big difference. driving on stock alt and ~1500rms AMP DRAW and stock duracrap battery and big 3 i dropped like a volt tops.

idle, but its 300 f'ing rms! stock 102 amp, big three in 1/0. and even driving it'll drop because i notice the lights dim almost as much as they do idle, don't know how much thought cause i don't have a voltmeter, only checked it idle with the dmm.

i'm gonna add batt in the back later and hopefully that'll help

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

lol @ buy 2 more xplodes and run 6, i'd do that if i had room, but im in a Impala so that wont fly.

the only reason i figured the amp died from Voltage drop is because i was playing on full tilt at idle for about 20-25 mins; the whole time my lights were dimming like crazy..but I will try to Pm Boon about the amp, and i think you guys gave me some good advice, thanks.

i think im gonna just build a nice ported enclosure for em then either get a Audioque 1200D or get this here JL fixed...probably just save for the Audioque tho...it sucks working at McDonalds and having more than two Bill to pay everytime i get paid

look see, we got the same car and his lights dimmed like crazy on the jl/500. i'm pretty sure our lights dim the same, i know my headlights go down to like half output when the bass hits.

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

7j2.png