Sundown Audio

Need help deciding on amp

Slawsen

To be honest I think both would be considered cheap amps. And the rating on the Crunch isn't true.

He's pretty much right, if you're gonna spend whatever you spent on the level 4, the least ya could do is give it some clean power.

EDIT: Even though it's a little bit out of price range I vote for the AQ1200d

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

To be honest I think both would be considered cheap amps. And the rating on the Crunch isn't true.

Well since i've run hifonics and I know it does close to rated power I think I may go with that

He's pretty much right, if you're gonna spend whatever you spent on the level 4, the least ya could do is give it some clean power.

EDIT: Even though it's a little bit out of price range I vote for the AQ1200d

Bought the dc from selling my old subs...and i'm only 17 so I don't make enough to spend my whole bi-weekly paycheck on an amp

I have 170 so that's what I got to spend

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Not really knocking the Hifonics, so much as I am the Crunch. You'll be lucky to get 1200 RMS out of the Crunch, and the with the Hifonics you'll probably be able to get 1500 RMS for 20 more dollars.

I understand you want to get your system going now, but I just think you'd be happier in the long run, in going with a better amp for 100 or so dollars. :shrug:

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

Anyone with input on the ap1500? I know pimpin ran the 3ks but do they do rated powah?

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Well since i've run hifonics and I know it does close to rated power I think I may go with that

Bought the dc from selling my old subs...and i'm only 17 so I don't make enough to spend my whole bi-weekly paycheck on an amp

I have 170 so that's what I got to spend

I'm only 18 and I got a Level 5 18, I won't be banging till half way though next year. Good things come to those who wait. + I go on my SSI check every month, plus a little scratch from working at Lowes.

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

i have 2 audiopipe 1500d's and they work great. have one on my re in the wifes car and one on my btl in my car. my buddy at work also just picked one up and is gonna run 2 sundown sa12's on it. another buddy i know he ran 3 fi ssd's on it and had no issues. then he had a aa havoc 18 on it with no issues either. i will say though i just blew mine because of either low voltage or messed up wiring. i havent dug into it yet since i dont have my new amp. they seem to be a good amp for the price. ya it doesnt have the cleanest power like sundown and a few others but it gets the job done and if you set your amp right and not clip your shit it will be fine

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

If i were you id wait another 2 weeks then get the audioque or Soundstreamor when these come back in stock only 150 Soundstream

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

If i were you id wait another 2 weeks then get the audioque or Soundstreamor when these come back in stock only 150 Soundstream

please show me were it shows that soundstream amp putting out rated. at least the ap1500 has been tested and shows it does pretty much rated with good voltage. some soundstream amps do rated but i doubt this one you linked to does

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Archived