Sonic Electronix

Its like really heavy distortion but it doesnt sound like distortion? I cant describe what it sounds like. Imagine the cone hitting the magnet, it sort of sounds like that

The reason why it dont hit low was already answered.

1- Its a prefab box, prefab boxes are usually built in the 40-50hz range, and your trying to play 30hz. What happens when you play well below tuning is the port is not tuned correctly to properly control the subwoofer cone, when it can not control the cone the woofer just plays all sloppy, as if you where playing the subwoofer with no box (free-air).

2- Amps have a subsonic filter for a reason, Id suggust using it, because playing below tuning is damaging to your woofer(s)and over time will end up damaging the voice coil from it hitting the bottom plate, tearing spiders, jumping the top plate gap (which could result in the coil sticking and tearing spiders, or bending the coil, pushing the coil thru the cone, etc).

3- your subwoofers are some what cheaper, this always dont mean they can not hit lows in the proper box but generlly a cheaper woofer does not have as great of a freq response as a nicer woofer.

Im betting your woofer kinda sounds like one of my old subs I was abusing to hell and back before I sent it out for a recone, my goal was to break the woofer before getting it reconed.

Watch this video at 1min and 8seconds...

I was playing well below tuning freq and the woofer was jumping the gap, and hitting the bottom plate. (it had torn spiders from my abuse in my old cadillac wall). :yahoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1V3oMaXpMY

The reason why it dont hit low was already answered.

1- Its a prefab box, prefab boxes are usually built in the 40-50hz range, and your trying to play 30hz. What happens when you play well below tuning is the port is not tuned correctly to properly control the subwoofer cone, when it can not control the cone the woofer just plays all sloppy, as if you where playing the subwoofer with no box (free-air).

2- Amps have a subsonic filter for a reason, Id suggust using it, because playing below tuning is damaging to your woofer(s)and over time will end up damaging the voice coil from it hitting the bottom plate, tearing spiders, jumping the top plate gap (which could result in the coil sticking and tearing spiders, or bending the coil, pushing the coil thru the cone, etc).

3- your subwoofers are some what cheaper, this always dont mean they can not hit lows in the proper box but generlly a cheaper woofer does not have as great of a freq response as a nicer woofer.

Im betting your woofer kinda sounds like one of my old subs I was abusing to hell and back before I sent it out for a recone, my goal was to break the woofer before getting it reconed.

Watch this video at 1min and 8seconds...

I was playing well below tuning freq and the woofer was jumping the gap, and hitting the bottom plate. (it had torn spiders from my abuse in my old cadillac wall). :yahoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1V3oMaXpMY

Thanks a lot!