Sonic Electronix

2 18"s is effectively 4 12"s in cone area. So it wouldn't really be overkill, the box would need to be bigger than one for 4 12"s though. Plus the 18"s should play pretty damn good if you build them a nice box.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

^it sounded more like he is going to run one amp per sub, in which case he'd need either dual 1s or dual 4s. Unless he has the amps already though he could get a better deal than JL

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

jls are good 1-4 ohm and i meant overkill by being 1000 rms subs only getting 500, i guess ill go with what subs i can get cheaper

JL's have a regulated power supply so that should be fine...

-1985 Chevy S-10 Longbed -12 Obsidian Audio 12's

-2 Sundown SAZ-4500D's -4th Order Bandpass

-157.1 DB sealed up on the dash (More to come)

Awesome Cmpanies:

-www.obsidiancaraudio.com

- ww.sundownaudio.com

JL's have a regulated power supply so that should be fine...

what does that have to do with giving a sub half power?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

what does that have to do with giving a sub half power?

That JL audio amp gives out 500 watts no matter what the input voltage or impedance of the subs (till 4 ohm i believe). Most 1kw amps will do about the same power as a 500/1 on 12v after impedance rise was all I was saying. In other words he should have no problem getting them moving with those amps...

-1985 Chevy S-10 Longbed -12 Obsidian Audio 12's

-2 Sundown SAZ-4500D's -4th Order Bandpass

-157.1 DB sealed up on the dash (More to come)

Awesome Cmpanies:

-www.obsidiancaraudio.com

- ww.sundownaudio.com

fair enough.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived