Not sure what to do

I just recently bought an 03 GMC envoy and was planning on doing a system build with 2 Fi BTL 18's. now heres the problem...I was planniing on using the Stock 150 amp alternator with a yellow top under the hood and 3 more yellow tops in the back for the amps powering the subs and mids/highs. will that be enough to power a system this big? the whole system rms will be about 5800 watts for everything. I appreciate the help guys.

and what size yellow tops?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

lol ok, i didnt mean capacity i meant size but thats ok.

sizes would be like G34, G31 etc.

umm... im going to say you will want a better alt as well. but ive always ran at .5ohm so...

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

they better not be your basic yellowtop.. like skittles said, it should at least be Group 31 etc. maybe a 270amp alt. or 300 or 320 idk. i really do not think you can really try to pull & produce ~550 amps of current with a 150amp alt and 4 tiny batteries. just me though.

edit: you should try getting a quote from SMD's affiliate, Mechman. dude seems really reliable and has a strong product to sell. either that or DC power or Excessive amperage. maybe Irragi if Dom ever starts gettin on top of his game again.

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

they better not be your basic yellowtop.. like skittles said, it should at least be Group 31 etc. maybe a 270amp alt. or 300 or 320 idk. i really do not think you can really try to pull & produce ~550 amps of current with a 150amp alt and 4 tiny batteries. just me though.

edit: you should try getting a quote from SMD's affiliate, Mechman. dude seems really reliable and has a strong product to sell. either that or DC power or Excessive amperage. maybe Irragi if Dom ever starts gettin on top of his game again.

All of my batteries will be group 34 so I should be in the clear as long as I upgrade the alternator I guess.

Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it