DC Sound Lab

I am wanting to do a new box. this one will have a steal cage inside that will will be used to attach the mdf to. it will have all thread thru it and then the mdf will have holes in the material that will be used to bold the box together. you will see later once the build starts after Christmas to around tax time. Now for the box. max dims are 36" wide 17" tall and up to 25" deep. all 3 DC Subs will face forward as well as the ports. I like symmetrical. I plan on using standard PVC pipe for ports with flairs on the inside. port diameter will be 4 - 4" PVC. 12.5664sq. in per port with a total of 50.2656SQ in. of port. all I need is the box depth and the tunning length for this box. as for the metal skeleton it will be 1" sq tubing with several holes drilled in it to allow me to factor in the interior of the tubing into the airspace. I might loose less than what one of my 10" DC level 3's take up. I also would like to be able to block off 2 ports and get a lower tunning if possible for daily if it works that way. My current box flexes to much and the front is doubled and I have all thread inside it on the port. what I might do to keep the ports on the new build from coming loose I might put all thread thru them also. And I plan on making the subs bolt to the box also. I am looking to try and hit the 145+ mark and if the current box I have is flexing it will never happen. and I am also looking at getting another SAZ-1500 and strapping and running it at 1.5 ohm. should be enough power to do that (145) and still not over kill the subs. I would like for daily to be tuned to the lower 30's and for comps closer to the lower 40's. If I have to change out the ports or add to them I can. I mainly need port length..

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

I don't know if this is what you want... But try this...

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#por

It should have a round port calculator on it...

And possibly use this...

http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=31

the bottom one should be right... make sure to mark round...

My Build Log

Deck- Eclipse 3100

Subs- 2X DC XL 18's

Wiring and Fuses- Stinger and Monster Cable

Sub Amp- Sundown SAZ 1500 V.2

Speaker Amp- Coustic 360U

Alternator - Powermaster Alt.

DCSig.jpg

Wow that sounds like alot of work for numbers like that, I did 146 in the kick of a single xl 12 facing the trunk in my kia (not to brag) but I still have lots to learn myself when it comes to high power installs. Hope your build go wells and is worth the time, have u thought about using 1" mdf and thicker allthread?

dc lvl 4xl 12

kicker zx1500

2 sets of kicker ds6.5s

optima yellow top (extra batt) with big 3

1/0 guage and 3 150amp anls

eclipse cd5000 headunit

I like this port calculator best. For tuning change. You would be best to be able to have them longer for daily which would be lower tuning and have an adaptor allowing you to remove the tube sticking out to achieve you comp tuning. Will be around 10" in each port length difference I believe. As for the steel bar. 1"x1" bar will be 1^" of displacement for each 1" of length assuming it only has holes where the bolts go in.

Have you tried to fiberglass your current box? Might be a easier fix to stop flexing.

Edit: forgot muh link

http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff