Classic VW Beetle 6 x13 JL's Walled

EPIC EPIC BUILD! Just shot up to one of my favs on here. Your attention to detail is outstanding, and the fact that you did an orange and black theme just had me reeled in from the get go!

Beautiful fab skills. I commend you on some seriously fine work man! Thanks for sharing it with us. :drink40:

im not sure why everyone rips on jl so bad? with the exception of the rip off of the w7 the rest of for budget systems works pretty well. At my old work we use to sell quite a bit of it people were happen and it rarely broke. anyway very nice work ! very well done!

I agree, we do well with JL and we have a great distributor here in the UK, having great support is really important and means we can give a much better service to our customers. Just wish they would make the new W6 in a 13inch version then we could go bigger and try and improve on the current numbers!

Thank you for the kind words!

Damn, you should put this thing on a scale when it's all said and done. Bet it could give an Escalade a run for it's money. :fatchicks:

But this is some quality stuff. Kerfing to the next level on that roof. I'm still waffling on whether or not I want to attempt it for my port on my next box. :noob:

I hear you on the weight thing! We guesstimate that we have doubled its weight with the build, we wanted things strong to reduce flex as we knew we wouldn't have huge power to really push it. It's definitely on the cards to get its weight measured! I'm gonna make sure I video it!

Once you do a bit of kerfing (which may I add I learnt from seeing builds on this very website!!) you just keep thinking of new ways to use it to your advantage! The curved beetle roof ment it was a must otherwise we would have lost too much head room! Thanks for the great feed back!

EPIC EPIC BUILD! Just shot up to one of my favs on here. Your attention to detail is outstanding, and the fact that you did an orange and black theme just had me reeled in from the get go!

Beautiful fab skills. I commend you on some seriously fine work man! Thanks for sharing it with us. :drink40:

I just love this forum! You guys are so great with the comments!!

My fab skills have definitely improved since the start of this build! I seem to use it as a test bed for some of the silly ideas I seem to have, just wish we had picked a bigger vehicle to do it to!

I love to share the work we are lucky enough to do, it may be my work but I still have the love for it like it was my hobby! I dont think i could ever get bored of car audio, and cars in general just make life more fun!

• 3 weeks later...

A few more..

I wanted something to control the visuals on the roof flat screen so I decided to add in a touch screen monitor from Alpine. And as we don't need a space for a rear view mirror this was the perfect position!

IMG_0159.JPG

Showing the final position.

IMG_0197.JPG

Time for some more orange... I really hate this vinyl (not the colour but the stupid backing on it) but I must continue as its in keeping with the rest of the build!

IMG_0202.JPG

Roof panel and screen surround all trimmed in, and the monitor from Alpine test fitted...

IMG_0441.JPG

Now with roof insert panels all trimmed

IMG_0203.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

There was a bit of a blank space which would be easily seen through the front windscreen so I made a last minute addition to the roof build..

IMG_0437.JPG

Some more trimming, you can see the horrid backing here which makes things trickier!

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0444.JPG

Nearly all done!

IMG_0459.JPG

wtf am I looking at???

Lemmi, you sir are BLOWING my mind, this build is epic. Thank you so much for sharing and taking the time to take pictures of everything.

This build...wow...idk what else to say besides you DEFINITELY deserve that magazine feature

:faintthud:

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Archived