Sonic Electronix

Building a box...need help deciding on a covering

Ive got my wood cut and all, and my ports should come in any day so I'm gonna start building soon but im stuck on covering the box....I like the idea of carpetting but its very common and i definantly want this to look custom. I already bought fabric adhesive but I still have the reciept so I can take it back and exchange it for something. Im not opposed to painting it but ive heard MDF doesnt look good painted. Ive seen vynal coverings(like leather) but I'm not sure how I feel about those. Im leaning towards some sort of spray on covering like a paint or maybe a bedliner or primer or something. I just want it to look custom but I'm not apposed to carpeting. I just need some ideas....

38733804225_large.jpg

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

N/A 420A MTX

DD 3515 Build Coming Soon!

1 Corinthians 10:31

whatthefitment.com

My Cardomain

vinyl has been starting to get popular but if you want to go with a real custom approach leather is good or you can use shag carpet :-D

vinyl has been starting to get popular but if you want to go with a real custom approach leather is good or you can use shag carpet :-D

thanks for the tips....leather is expensive and i thing ill pass on the shag carpet lol

38733804225_large.jpg

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

N/A 420A MTX

DD 3515 Build Coming Soon!

1 Corinthians 10:31

whatthefitment.com

My Cardomain

Guest grim83

thanks for the tips....leather is expensive and i thing ill pass on the shag carpet lol

probably the most "custom" look would come from fiberglass

painting mdf sucks, you have to seal it first, resin would be the easiest thing for that and it comes out nice

vinyl can also be sick if done right. Cut out a logo and throw it on there and all the sudden it looks hella custom

IMG00352.jpg

100_0043-3.jpg

just makes things look legit, especially if your interior is vinyl/leather

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Archived