Sonic Electronix

Will I have a Voltage problem?

Hey, in my 2003 lancer i plan on running a Hifi 1500D amp at 2 ohms for 1000w RMS... My Stock alternator is Eighty -90 amps. (not positive)

Will my car have trouble running this system?

I currently am running a crappy Sony Xplod 2 channel 340W RMS at 2 ohms and when i crank it i get some headlight dimming..

If i do need to upgrade, is a capacitor worth it? Or should I go with a new H.O Battery?

Thanks,

B-Rab

with 1000 watts, you should be okay with just getting a 2nd battery in the back near the amp. nothing too extreme, just look around @ kinetik, shuriken, or XS. something mid level should suffice for your application

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

If you ever plan on upgrading again I would go with a high output alternator.

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

System I now have and is finally installed!

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Digtal Designs CS 6.5" components

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

Do this. The biggest batt you can fit up front. then get a new alt if the batt dosnt fix it and if those two dont work get a rear battery and call it a day,

lol well those are the 3 options but i would say thats some serious overkill.

look up how to do the big 3, and do it. replace the front battery and add a second battery in the back. for example, a kinetik 1800 in front and another in the back will work. you dont want to mix battery types. your stock battery will be vented lead acid and the new battery will be AGM.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived