Sonic Electronix

I recently bought a Kenwood head unit (Kenwood - KIV-BT900) and had the very same problem you did, very very little bass.

It ended up being a bad head unit, so I sent it in for repair and they repaired it under warranty and now everything works fine. So make sure to check your head unit and see if it isn't in need of repair.

im willing to bet you dont have the sub out on. do you have the ability to adjust the subwoofer out put volume? If not then you dont have it turned on. been there done that Ive had a few kenwoods.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I keep getting confused on who is saying what, but I would suggest finding an oscope and setting gains the right way.

Not that im suggesting you do this cause it is pretty sketchy, but just try seriously cranking the gain up. If it gets 10x louder and you can't sense any distortion, you have found your problem, gains just arent set correctly even though you used a dmm.

I keep getting confused on who is saying what, but I would suggest finding an oscope and setting gains the right way.

Not that im suggesting you do this cause it is pretty sketchy, but just try seriously cranking the gain up. If it gets 10x louder and you can't sense any distortion, you have found your problem, gains just arent set correctly even though you used a dmm.

I think I might be going this route. I stoped by a local audio shop and they said the same thing. There isn't any distortion so I might just have to set it by ear. I don't have access to an o-scope or I would be all over it. I'll turn it up until I hear it clip then turn it down some. If it works, it works and if it doesn't then I will go from there.

Archived