Sonic Electronix

hi i have a 12" JBL and a 200w 4 channel pioneer stereo amp pioneer sa-540 to be exact (50w per channel i presume) i have it bridged at 100w but the sub doesn't seem to move much on full bass and almost half volume any ideas why this is? thanks

hi i have a 12" JBL and a 200w 4 channel pioneer stereo amp pioneer sa-540 to be exact (50w per channel i presume) i have it bridged at 100w but the sub doesn't seem to move much on full bass and almost half volume any ideas why this is? thanks

well first off what's the rms on the sub? second you going to need a bigger amp in my option I'd say go with at least a 500watt amp depending on the rms on the sub.It would also be wise to run a mono amp if your only running 1 sub.

SPL Audio 18, 5.5cb ft tuned to 34 hzAB 150.1 @1400 rms wired to 1OhmPPI A26.5'sKenwood HU

100w would barely move an 8" sub, much less a 12". get more powah!!!

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

the sub is a jbl decade ds120 it says recommended power 18-200w and i have pretty thick wire connecting it but its in a ghetto slot ported box i made been meaning to buy another 1 cud that be causeing it?

the sub is a jbl decade ds120 it says recommended power 18-200w and i have pretty thick wire connecting it but its in a ghetto slot ported box i made been meaning to buy another 1 cud that be causeing it?

you still wont be getting very loud at all with 200 watts. but everyones definition of "Loud" is different.

ok better advice not trying to shoot down your stuff man because I know you have to go with what you got but the best thing to do would buy you a better sub(s) because a 200 watt sub will not do a whole lot.

SPL Audio 18, 5.5cb ft tuned to 34 hzAB 150.1 @1400 rms wired to 1OhmPPI A26.5'sKenwood HU

ok better advice not trying to shoot down your stuff man because I know you have to go with what you got but the best thing to do would buy you a better sub(s) because a 200 watt sub will not do a whole lot.

ahh okay:) im out of a job atm so i got nothing coming in:P gotta make do i suppose:) think when i do get the cash flowin again im gunna get 2 re 15's:) piss off them stupid student neighbours:) i solved the problem for the time being, i widened the port to 2.5 inches more low and more excursion:) anybody know a good place to buy good quality subs for cheap? thanks

and whats a good gauge of speaker wire to use and where can i get it? looked all over internet and there wasteful prices and they sell in ammounts that id never use:P thanks

and whats a good gauge of speaker wire to use and where can i get it? looked all over internet and there wasteful prices and they sell in ammounts that id never use:P thanks

for a 200 watt sub you can use like 14-12 gauge wire.

http://www.audiosavings.com/index.aspx

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/

http://www.woofersetc.com/

Archived