Heres my article, let me know if i need to change anything, its due tomorrow :P

I think I still need an appeal to ethics/reason

Online Music Piracy

Would you ever steal from a store, perhaps a CD from your favorite artist? If the answer is no then you should never pirate music online. Did you know that downloading and uploading copyrighted material is illegal? Eighty Seven percent of the music on peer to peer network are infringing material.(Oppenheim 2) Which makes it extremely hard to download a something legal. People who distribute copyrighted material can face criminal charges. “It is without a doubt the most important issue affecting the music industry today (Oppenheim 1).

Music industry’s sales were down 11 percent in 2002 because of the use of peer to peer networks was increasing. (Oppenheim 1) If you like the artist’s music wouldn’t you buy the song so in the future they will produce more music? Peer to peer networks distribute millions of music files a day which is a serious threat to entertainment industries. (Hatch 1) “The architects of this file-sharing piracy make millions of dollars while attempting to avoid any personal risk of the severe and criminal penalties for copyright infringement” (Hatch 1). After someone downloads a music file, or any file the program automatically uploads it to their network, which makes them a distributer. It is almost impossible for the average computer user to disable this “feature” in program. (Hatch 2) Would you risk the chance of criminal liability just for a song? Some programs force you to upload every media file on your computer. (Hatch 2) Many people who use peer to peer networks encourage their friends to do the same, making the music industry and other companies suffer more.

Some want to keep peer to peer networks because it gives the artist another outlet to distribute their music. This only hurts the artist because the artist does not make any profit. You should not use peer to peer networks to download copyrighted material because it hurts the artist, music companies, cd plant workers, and the economy. If you don’t have the money to pay for the song, its probably on the radio playing every once every 10 minutes. If you like listening to music, then support your favorite artist(s) by paying for their music. There is many different places and programs that you can pay the artist for their music such as: iTunes, Zune, Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and many others.

mJzD9.png

2 minutes after you posted :lol:

Online Music Piracy

Would you ever steal from a store, perhaps a CD from your favorite artist? If the answer is no then you should never pirate music online. Did you know that downloading and uploading copyrighted material is illegal? Eighty Seven percent of the music on peer to peer network are infringing material.(Oppenheim 2) Which makes it extremely hard to download something legal. People who distribute copyrighted material can face criminal charges. “It is without a doubt the most important issue affecting the music industry today (Oppenheim 1)".

Music industry’s sales were down 11 percent in 2002 because the use of peer to peer networks was increasing. (Oppenheim 1) If you like the artist’s music, wouldn’t you buy the song so in the future they will produce more music? Peer to peer networks distribute millions of music files a day which is a serious threat to entertainment industries. (Hatch 1) “The architects of this file-sharing piracy make millions of dollars while attempting to avoid any personal risk of the severe and criminal penalties for copyright infringement” (Hatch 1). After someone downloads a music file, or any file, the program automatically uploads it to their network, which makes them a distributer. It is almost impossible for the average computer user to disable this “feature” in the program. (Hatch 2) Would you risk the chance of criminal liability just for a song? Some programs force you to upload every media file on your computer. (Hatch 2) Many people who use peer to peer networks encourage their friends to do the same, making the music industry and other companies suffer more.

Some want to keep peer to peer networks because it gives the artist another outlet to distribute their music. This only hurts the artist because the artist does not make any profit. You should not use peer to peer networks to download copyrighted material because it hurts the artist, music companies, cd plant workers, and the economy. If you don’t have the money to pay for the song, its probably on the radio playing once every 10 minutes. If you like listening to music, then support your favorite artist(s) by paying for their music. There is(change it to are) many different places and programs that you can pay the artist for their music such as: iTunes, Zune, Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and many others.

the red is some stuff...most of it i didnt highlight but already fixed

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Online Music Piracy

Would you ever steal from a store, perhaps a CD from your favorite artist? If the answer is no then you should never pirate music online. Did you know that downloading and uploading copyrighted material is illegal? Eighty Seven percent of the music on peer to peer network are infringing material.(Oppenheim 2) Which makes it extremely hard to download a something legal. (dependent clause) People who distribute copyrighted material can face criminal charges. “It is without a doubt the most important issue affecting the music industry today (Oppenheim 1).(end quotes?)

Music industry’s sales were down 11 percent in 2002 because of the use of peer to peer networks was increasing.(I would suggest "...because the use of peer to peer networks was increasing.") (Oppenheim 1) If you like the artist’s music wouldn’t you buy the song so in the future they will produce more music? Peer to peer networks distribute millions of music files a day which is a serious threat to entertainment industries. (Hatch 1) “The architects of this file-sharing piracy make millions of dollars while attempting to avoid any personal risk of the severe and criminal penalties for copyright infringement” (Hatch 1). After someone downloads a music file, or any file the program automatically uploads it to their network, which makes them a distributer. (Comma splice I think? could be re-worded for clarity. Also firefox is yelling at me saying "distributor" is spelled incorrectly.)It is almost impossible for the average computer user to disable this “feature” in program. (Hatch 2) Would you risk the chance of criminal liability just for a song? Some programs force you to upload every media file on your computer. (Hatch 2) Many people who use peer to peer networks encourage their friends to do the same, making the music industry and other companies suffer more.

Some want to keep peer to peer networks because it gives the artist another outlet to distribute their music. This only hurts the artist because the artist does not make any profit. You should not use peer to peer networks to download copyrighted material because it hurts the artist, music companies, cd plant workers, and the economy. If you don’t have the money to pay for the song, its (it's short for "it is") probably on the radio playing every once every 10 minutes. If you like listening to music, then support your favorite artist(s) by paying for their music. There is many different places and programs that you can pay the artist for their music such as: iTunes, Zune, Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and many others.

Couple more suggestions in red as well. I personally would reword some stuff for clarity but it's your essay not mine, lol. Other than that I personally am against using pretty much false information in essays but unfortunately essays like this and the ones you based yours off of feel the need to use scare tactics. <_< I won't go into what Im referring to since file sharing is against forum rules but im sure its pretty obvious what im referring to.... lol

Edited by rusty959

Couple more suggestions in red as well. I personally would reword some stuff for clarity but it's your essay not mine, lol. Other than that I personally am against using pretty much false information in essays but unfortunately essays like this and the ones you based yours off of feel the need to use scare tactics. <_< I won't go into what Im referring to since file sharing is against forum rules but im sure its pretty obvious what im referring to.... lol

Thank you very much

BTW the teacher made me do this article so yea, Im stuck with it. I know what you mean, Im the same way

Edited by Carroot1
mJzD9.png

and heres the english lesson for the day lol i mean we've already had the one about sharing (spleague "stealing" our emoticons/bandwidth)

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

The problem isn't with online piracy the problem is music being boring and unoriginal nowadays and maybe only 1-2 good songs on the net so ppl don't want to pay for a whole album...yes I know you can buy single mp3s off online music stores...I can get any album I want the Thursday or Friday BEFORE it comes out, so that gives me 4-5 days of listening time to decide if I really want the album, in most cases I don't. Not to mention my money is better spent on necessities to survive.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical