Noob gettin high (Hopefully)

YUKISM

Here goes another noob question :noob: ,I was wondering if there was a set of 12in. speakers that can be used for voice and if so can someone recommend some to me? Basicly I'm asking about 12in speakers along with some tweeters for mids/highs.

Thanks Alot

Edited by YUKISM

Here goes another noob question :noob: ,I was wondering if there was a set of 12in. speakers that can be used for voice and if so can someone recommend some to me?

Thanks Alot

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

If you're looking to use subs as midrange speakers, I'd look at something more manageable. I know lots of peeps put 8's in their doors for midbass, but also put 6.5's and tweets for the mids and highs. It'd be possible to use 12"s for midbass, but I wouldn't personally use them cause they take up a lot of space for one midbass speaker.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

GOTCHA,Thanks alot!!

The reason why I'm asking is because today at a shop I go to they were finishing up a install and they were explaining to me that along with a set of 15's they had also installed 2 12in and some tweeters in a custom box to add more voice.

When he turned it on for me,not only did it have crazy bass, it also sounded CRYSTAL and LOUD (I'm talking REALLY CRYSTAL).He explained that they installed mids/highs in the door as well but the ones in the back added more projection.

a 12" speaker has too much mass to move at the higher frequencies of voices.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

As was pointed out though is that the 12's will take a lot more room than a smaller 6.5" or 8" would but i'm not saying it won't work or even sound bad as you have heard it first hand. Another thing the larger speakers do well at better than the smaller ones are the richness in the bass area and can get quite a bit louder without distortion but at the cost of space.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

and since when did we start using home stereo in our cars?

look at speaker sizes, tweeters play the highest frequencies and are the smallest. less mass can move faster.

mid range are often 3-5"

midbass is 6.5 and up

they are that way for a reason. and loud doesnt mean it sounds good. hell, the SQ guys all looked at me like i was crazy when i showed them i had 6.5" mid ranges.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.