Sonic Electronix

Guys i NEED a new sub please help

Ok so ive almost blown my second pioneer 3004spl 12"

hell knows how as im runnin 1000watts rms with the help of alpine. Ive searched high and low for smd subs but cant get a price here in the UK. I want to be able to upgrade to more power and would like a sub i cant blow or dye tryin lol.

Would be nice to get a sub i cant blow and then upgrade from there.

I'm currently running a 110amp alt with 4awg power wire and two 100ah batteries split charged to my alpine mrd 1005

27062009257.jpg

as you can see if have lots of room :)but will have to get a sub first then build a box then work on powering the sub.

It would be great to get some feedback from this forum to help me along my way to ground pounder status with a single sub.

I have about £500 gbp but can stretch a lil further if needed for the right new subwoofer (smd).

I have always had some kind of bass in my rides for years and now i think its time to build something a lil special. So hopefully with your help my bass will come true.

I've read sooooooooooooooo many posts on this forum about peoples builds and have to say it's an inspiration to me, so what what do i do ????????????????????????????????? apart from move to america :lol: ?

Edited by NRG

If u want to have the SMD u will need to stretch u're budget more then 500GPB. ;)

And if u blow the 30004spl on 1000w rms then u are doing something wrong.

There is no woofer that can't be blown ;)

First make sure you don't blow subs fast , and then upgrade. ;)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

well just letting you know, your dream subwoofer the "SMD" can still blown if youre going to be sending it a clipped signal. which i feel is why you have blown 2 subwoofers so far. just take that into consideration. and from reading around, the SMD will want a feisty 5-7K wrms ran to it for maximum destruction. not quite in the budget of £500 gbp :(

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Theres no way im running a clipped signal guys as ive oscoped it soooooo many times now with music and tones.

head unit only clips on max bass of 10 so i run 7 @ volume 24 ( no clip) amp is set to 4volts input and bass max and no clipping @ any htz

500gbp is just for the subwoofer guys but i can go a lil further if needed ;)

can get an Ascendant Audio Mayhem 18 for 480 gbp http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ascendant-audio-mayhem-18.html but was thinking of smd 18 if i can stretch to it and build up to it. But not knowing the price difference kinda hard to know where to go really :/

not only that i know its not what you've got but the way that you use it. I will get a vid of this 12" on my rear view mirror and post it real soon so you can see.

I was thinkin that the pioneer 3004spl wasnt all that and thats why it keeps blowin on me, they seem to get hot quickly especially in a ported box.I did have it in a sealed box but soon learnt the lesson of why ported is better lol

sorry to doubt you man but i still think its clipping. did you scope the amp with the sub hooked up?

max bass boost usually means serious clipping.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Guest grim83

Theres no way im running a clipped signal guys as ive oscoped it soooooo many times now with music and tones.

head unit only clips on max bass of 10 so i run 7 @ volume 24 ( no clip) amp is set to 4volts input and bass max and no clipping @ any htz

500gbp is just for the subwoofer guys but i can go a lil further if needed ;)

can get an Ascendant Audio Mayhem 18 for 480 gbp http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ascendant-audio-mayhem-18.html but was thinking of smd 18 if i can stretch to it and build up to it. But not knowing the price difference kinda hard to know where to go really :/

not only that i know its not what you've got but the way that you use it. I will get a vid of this 12" on my rear view mirror and post it real soon so you can see.

I was thinkin that the pioneer 3004spl wasnt all that and thats why it keeps blowin on me, they seem to get hot quickly especially in a ported box.I did have it in a sealed box but soon learnt the lesson of why ported is better lol

get the mayhem i have a 12 and its just mean

i think youre suppose to have the sub hooked up, and the scope picks up the waves it is sending out and reads off if they are clipping or not. never used an o scope before so i dont know

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm