Help me equalize

Hey everyone. I have a Pioneer deck with 7-band equalization, and lately ive been messing with the EQ a lot to try and get my mids and highs sounding clearer and crisper, but having really no idea what im doing, I havent been pleased with any results thus far. I was wondering if anyone had any good 7 band settings they might want to share or if anyone had tips on how to make it sound better. Thanks

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

it all depends on what you like and the speakers you have. when i was learning i would turn one setting all the way down to hear what i was taking away. then focus on that part only as i brought it back up to a point i liked. the tricky part is, one song will sound perfect while another will sound like shit. you just have to keep playing with it until you find a balance.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

it all depends on what you like and the speakers you have. when i was learning i would turn one setting all the way down to hear what i was taking away. then focus on that part only as i brought it back up to a point i liked. the tricky part is, one song will sound perfect while another will sound like shit. you just have to keep playing with it until you find a balance.

x2^^

i would turn down everything, and turn each up one at a time to see what difference it made, and work from there

i got a pioneer premire 860mp and it has the ability of running active where u have settings for each speaker, tweet, and subs, and adjust all kinds of stuff, i would try it out but there to many things to adjust it aint funny

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

yeah man thats the problem is that every song is recorded differently and will sound differently on your car/speakers you have.

I used to fuck around with my EQ when I was smoking and I would find something that I thought sounded great, and then a new song came on and it sounded like ass. This is why digital ones have presets because different songs or music sound good when they are balanced out different. I sold my EQ to some kid and havent missed it at all.

just my $0.02

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

Archived