Sundown Audio

Need Amp Help (Wiring and Tuning)

Carroot1

Alright so heres my question. I have 2 DVC 4 ohm subs wired like this

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

My amplifier has 4 speaker lead connections (cant remember the name)

like this

AQ1200D-powerend.jpg

Im only using two of them the positive on the far right and the negative on the far left, is that correct?

Im having a hard time setting my gain without clipping all the Bass boost features are off and my preout is set to 15 (max) and my gain is about 3/4

im wondering how to set it without clipping and i tried the dmm but i must be doing something wrong

any ideas? thanks

mJzD9.png

how do you have a hard time NOT clipping? i dont understand

i dont know what your referring to but im having trouble setting my gain so it WONT clip the subs:) right now its set and every once and a while the clipping light comes on and annoys the hell outa me

mJzD9.png

Alright so heres my question. I have 2 DVC 4 ohm subs wired like this

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

My amplifier has 4 speaker lead connections (cant remember the name)

like this

AQ1200D-powerend.jpg

Im only using two of them the positive on the far right and the negative on the far left, is that correct?

Im having a hard time setting my gain without clipping all the Bass boost features are off and my preout is set to 15 (max) and my gain is about 3/4

im wondering how to set it without clipping and i tried the dmm but i must be doing something wrong

any ideas? thanks

make the voltage thing on the amp the same voltage as your hu

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

so your saying my HU puts out 2v so I would set my amp to 2v?

pretty sure.. c

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

i dont know what your referring to but im having trouble setting my gain so it WONT clip the subs:) right now its set and every once and a while the clipping light comes on and annoys the hell outa me

uhh turn the gain down on the remote. simple as that. i honestly think you would know this.