Second Skin Audio

subwoofer enclosure design

Ok I have 2 10" p1s and I would like to make a box with a single slot port down middle of both subs in one chamber ... I have 42 width 14 depth and 12 height to work with. Would like tuned to around 36hz maybe even lower if anyone can give me some ideas and specs would be great

Did you try the Torres calculator on this site?

i really dont know how to use it lol i know how to use it but how do i make it work with 2 subwoofers, like to i just add the required space for 2 subs together ?? and i wish i had a visual aid to help me out ... i have a link of my design but i dont know if that is correct for 2 10" P1s

Box.jpg

does this look like a good design ?

bump. what you guys think about this woofer box design and do you think it would need bracing inside ?

Your port height should be 11.5 gotta count the 1.5 for wood. Just to let you know :D

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Your port height should be 11.5 gotta count the 1.5 for wood. Just to let you know :D

thanks just changed that now its 11.5 height and 10" length tuning is now 35.96 and also width is changed to 35

hopefully will start building soon. cant wait to be able to hear those lows ... why do Rockford P1s like such big ported boxes ?

thanks just changed that now its 11.5 height and 10" length tuning is now 35.96 and also width is changed to 35

hopefully will start building soon. cant wait to be able to hear those lows ... why do Rockford P1s like such big ported boxes ?

you gotta have a tad more port area man. shoot for around 12sqin per cubic foot. you are at 7.61 in that picture.

you gotta have a tad more port area man. shoot for around 12sqin per cubic foot. you are at 7.61 in that picture.

what will that do for the tuning of the box ? and size ?? i need to keep it at around 2.5 cu. ft for the 2 p1s and tuned to 36

i really dont know how to get more port area ... it makes my tuning go sky high >.< can someone help me make this damn box lol

Archived