Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

subwoofer enclosure design


Recommended Posts

Posted

1: I have always heard and always used coarse thread drywall screws work best. I have also heard some people use deck screws but I haven't ever done that. Either way, pre drill.

2: You could always caulk over them on the inside if you don't plan on changing the wires or would could use washers, possibly with a rubber washer on this inside (against the wood), or O-rings or something. anything would work. I personally just use washers.

3: I have heard of people doing that and it should work fine as long as you can tighten it down all the way. If your subs don't have a foam or rubber seal type thing on the bottom of the mounting ring then I would suggest getting some weather stripping and sticking it to the bottom to create a good seal.

thank you !!

Posted

what are some of the advantages of rounding off the corners on the port and 45 degree the corners in the box and making all corners rounded or 45'ed is it just for looks or does it serve a purpose? reading alot of threads seeing it done just want to make sure i get the best out of this box.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1854 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...