Sonic Electronix

Ok, so I have been out of this hobby/addiction or whatever you want to call it for a while. I've had a 2008 Impala LTZ for about a year now. Thing is, I'm not really sure how to run the wire from the battery all the way to the back of the trunk. The entire firewall is completely sealed off. I can't find any holes! I know how to build boxes, tune frequencies and get a car loud, I'm just terrible with running wires for some reason. I'm what you call a "newb" in this category of running wires. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Oh, the sad part is, it's a small easy setup. Nothing complex at all! Just a Kicker 15 L7 in a 4.2 cubic box tuned around 33hz. I have a Hifonics Brutus 2706d amplifier that's in mint condition to power it and 0 gauge wire. I might do 4 gauge if the 0 gauge becomes too much of a bitch to wire lol. Anyways, help please! Thanks.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

run the wire under the car zip tieing it the frame, and away from exhausts. drill a hole in the bottom of your trunk to run the wire through and use a grommet to prevent metal cutting through the wire.

When I ran my 1/0 to the second battery on my Mustang I had to run it under the car secured with galvanized brackets from Lowes. No other choice for me.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

Thanks for the fast responses guys. Ok, so that makes sense and sounds much easier. What about the RCA cables and speaker and the radio wire from the headunit? That I will still have to run through the car correct? I just gotta figure how to run those wires through the seats.

Setup in the makings

Thanks for the fast responses guys. Ok, so that makes sense and sounds much easier. What about the RCA cables and speaker and the radio wire from the headunit? That I will still have to run through the car correct? I just gotta figure how to run those wires through the seats.

For a person who claims to have done this sorta stuff before, you sure are asking some pretty common knowledge questions...

Anywho, run the RCA wires and remote wire to your amp location under the carpet. You can figure it out.

For a person who claims to have done this sorta stuff before, you sure are asking some pretty common knowledge questions...

Anywho, run the RCA wires and remote wire to your amp location under the carpet. You can figure it out.

Read my first post where I said I've been out of this for a while. But thanks...

Setup in the makings

I don't know if the newer impalas are different. In my 04 impala there is a gromet under the carpet on the passenger side. Removing the cap on the grommet you see a rubber sleeve which u puncture then run the wire through there and up to your battery..

Naioa.com

There are pictures there that show where its located.m

I have my power wire ran on the passanger side theres a boot you can tap into and make it work, all the rcas and stuff i have ran down the drivers side under the carpet if you want to get it all nice and neat i suggest taking out the carpet and zip tying it it will all come out better.

This is my wires ran down the drivers side as you can see with the carpet out its much easier to get all the wires down and nice and neat and im sure ull see what im talking about when try getting the wires around the seat and what not

NF1.jpg

Heres my power wire i dont have a picture of it coming through but its on the passanger side it was a tough time getting it behind the engine and what not (5.3's make it tough)

NF3.jpg

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Ok, so I have been out of this hobby/addiction or whatever you want to call it for a while. I've had a 2008 Impala LTZ for about a year now. Thing is, I'm not really sure how to run the wire from the battery all the way to the back of the trunk. The entire firewall is completely sealed off. I can't find any holes! I know how to build boxes, tune frequencies and get a car loud, I'm just terrible with running wires for some reason. I'm what you call a "newb" in this category of running wires. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Oh, the sad part is, it's a small easy setup. Nothing complex at all! Just a Kicker 15 L7 in a 4.2 cubic box tuned around 33hz. I have a Hifonics Brutus 2706d amplifier that's in mint condition to power it and 0 gauge wire. I might do 4 gauge if the 0 gauge becomes too much of a bitch to wire lol. Anyways, help please! Thanks.

There is a Rubber Grommet up under the Driver Side dash...ITs a pain in the dick to find but it is there.. I had the same issue with my 08 Impala LS...

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived