Box Build for a DC Level 4 XL 18!

Well I decided to ditch my dual 12 set up and go for a single 18 DC Level 4 XL in the back. I've been playing around with designs for the past week and finally settled on something. I went to Menards yesterday, got two sheet of MDF and went to work today. It's 6 cubes tuned to 36hz.

18.png

Single18.png

IMAG0138.jpg

After my Ebay sale is done on Sunday I'll order the 18 Monday, then I'm going to wait to attach the second baffle until I can make sure it fits good with the sub, and then come a little testing and Herculiner after I'm happy with everything.

I really like this idea and design... Any drawings on how you plan to layout the amps and Bats in the front section???

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

I really like this idea and design... Any drawings on how you plan to layout the amps and Bats in the front section???

BattRack.png

I decided on doing a Kinetik HC2400 to save space instead of two Deka G31's and the AQ4x90 is mounted on a board so it will all fit. I'm just going to use an L mount for that board and not glue it or anything cause it'll be awhile before I have the funds for it.

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT

Jensen VM9223 | Pioneer Premier Comps | Audiopipe AP15001D | DC Level 4 XL 18 in 6 cubes @ 36hz | Deka 9A78DT | Knu 4 Gauge | Big 3

BattRack.png

I decided on doing a HC2400 to save space instead of two Deka G31's and the AQ4x90 is mounted on a board so it will all fit. I'm just going to use an L mount for that board and not glue it or anything cause it'll be awhile before I have the funds for it.

Ahhh, I see and I dig it!!!

I may have to borrow some of your idea, if'in ya don't mind...

Mine would be a 15 FI FTL, HC2400, SAZ-2000D and a SAX-100.4, but I think I'd put the batt on the other side as that would be the same side the front under the hood batt is on...

Any concerns about mounting the amp to the enclosure (as far as Vibrations hurting the amp)? Wasn't sure how bigga deal that was or if that was more of an Urban myth and someone just being anal....

what program do you use for drawing these up ?

I'm guessing Sketchup, but I'm currious...

Sucks cause I could not draw a Circle or a box,, even if I had a Full blown Auto Cad System... SKILLZ, I has none... :(

Ahhh, I see and I dig it!!!

I may have to borrow some of your idea, if'in ya don't mind...

Mine would be a 15 FI FTL, HC2400, SAZ-2000D and a SAX-100.4, but I think I'd put the batt on the other side as that would be the same side the front under the hood batt is on...

Any concerns about mounting the amp to the enclosure (as far as Vibrations hurting the amp)? Wasn't sure how bigga deal that was or if that was more of an Urban myth and someone just being anal....

It is if you don't use a quality amp.. but you are so it's okay. My power wire will come through the middle of my car so I'm just putting it on the left because my amp controls are on the left and if I did it the other way I wouldn't be able to access them while mounted.

what program do you use for drawing these up ?

Yeah, I use Google Sketch-Up. There was a slight learning curve but after you figure it out it's pretty easy to draw something up.

Jensen VM9223 | Pioneer Premier Comps | Audiopipe AP15001D | DC Level 4 XL 18 in 6 cubes @ 36hz | Deka 9A78DT | Knu 4 Gauge | Big 3

Sub was just ordered and I was told it won't be here until next Thursday. I guess I'm waiting two weeks to finish my box <_<

Archived