Box Build for a DC Level 4 XL 18!

Well I decided to ditch my dual 12 set up and go for a single 18 DC Level 4 XL in the back. I've been playing around with designs for the past week and finally settled on something. I went to Menards yesterday, got two sheet of MDF and went to work today. It's 6 cubes tuned to 36hz.

18.png

Single18.png

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

After my Ebay sale is done on Sunday I'll order the 18 Monday, then I'm going to wait to attach the second baffle until I can make sure it fits good with the sub, and then come a little testing and Herculiner after I'm happy with everything.

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT

Jensen VM9223 | Pioneer Premier Comps | Audiopipe AP15001D | DC Level 4 XL 18 in 6 cubes @ 36hz | Deka 9A78DT | Knu 4 Gauge | Big 3

Box looks good. If you dont mind me asking what is the slot in the back for?

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

Box looks good. If you dont mind me asking what is the slot in the back for?

I don't mind, it'll be my batt/amp rack back there. I have a plan to either do a single HC2400 or two Deka g31's with an AQ2200 and an AQ4X90 back there.

Jensen VM9223 | Pioneer Premier Comps | Audiopipe AP15001D | DC Level 4 XL 18 in 6 cubes @ 36hz | Deka 9A78DT | Knu 4 Gauge | Big 3

Okay, I kind of figured thats what it was, but i was unsure. Anyways the box looks awesome. Keep it updated when you get the sub and all. I will def. be watching.

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

Okay, I kind of figured thats what it was, but i was unsure. Anyways the box looks awesome. Keep it updated when you get the sub and all. I will def. be watching.

alright man, should have some progress at the end of the week because I get paid Tuesday, I'm going to Herculine the bottom half before the sub gets here so I only have to wait for it to dry on the top and I can be bangin sooner :D

I understand the enthusiasm but I'd wait and do it all at once. You will always see the line where you stopped and started again.

Nice build. :good:

The problem with that is the shit stays tacky for awhile so I have to do the bottom and top and I don't really want it sticking to the plastic I have it laying on.

Hey........ i know you! :drinks:

Welcome to the dark side my mirror like friend.boobies.gif

I decided to expand my horizons and get on another couple forums.

Archived