Sonic Electronix

how are the subs and amps even wired? i dont think youre even pulling out the RMS wattage for those amps. first things first...i would get matching subs if youre going to use a 3 sub enclosure common chamber.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

The first thing I would fix is the obvious. Your power and ground are waaay to small. Your box is waaay to small for 3 12's. After making a better box that is to spec for the subs and getting some bigger wire they will probly perform much better.

besides the wiring advice, how would you know what is too small or too big for the subs? let alone...why even suggest a better box for mismatched subs sharing a common chamber? i mean...how can you build a box to spec when it has to meet different specs?

the OBVIOUS would not be the ground or power wires. in my opinion...ok for the small amount of current hes most likey pulling. i would say OBVIOUS are the subs, then two amps power different said subs in the same enclosure.

besides the wiring advice, how would you know what is too small or too big for the subs? let alone...why even suggest a better box for mismatched subs sharing a common chamber? i mean...how can you build a box to spec when it has to meet different specs?

the OBVIOUS would not be the ground or power wires. in my opinion...ok for the small amount of current hes most likey pulling. i would say OBVIOUS are the subs, then two amps power different said subs in the same enclosure.

I agree that the non matching subs are a bad idea, however the non matching subs are not gonna melt and catch his Bronco on fire like the wire will because it is too small. By build a box to spec I meant to leave the odd 12 out. I thought that would be obvious. Look at the shot of his build that shows the power wire on the left hand side of the engine bay. The wire is not even into the fuse block all the way. It has serious fire hazard written all over it. I believe in giving advice on sounding good when I can, but giving advice on keeping someones car from burning down should come first.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

I agree that the non matching subs are a bad idea, however the non matching subs are not gonna melt and catch his Bronco on fire like the wire will because it is too small. By build a box to spec I meant to leave the odd 12 out. I thought that would be obvious. Look at the shot of his build that shows the power wire on the left hand side of the engine bay. The wire is not even into the fuse block all the way. It has serious fire hazard written all over it. I believe in giving advice on sounding good when I can, but giving advice on keeping someones car from burning down should come first.

Did you even notice the blue wire is cracked too? Leaving a gap just chillin there on the battery?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Did you even notice the blue wire is cracked too? Leaving a gap just chillin there on the battery?

I did after you pointed it out. By the way, I'm not knocking your set up, just hate to see anything bad happen to your ride. Things like that are rare but why take a chance when it is so easy to fix little things like that.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

i saw his build. the wires are placed horribly, bad battery in a bad location, and in a bad position but i still think his wires are a good size. i think the best bet is a complete redo

i saw his build. the wires are placed horribly, bad battery in a bad location, and in a bad position but i still think his wires are a good size. i think the best bet is a complete redo

LOL yeah I agree :drinks:

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

I did after you pointed it out. By the way, I'm not knocking your set up, just hate to see anything bad happen to your ride. Things like that are rare but why take a chance when it is so easy to fix little things like that.

Yup. im not trying to bash either but this guy needs to redo some of the things he has in there.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

im trying to redo a whoe bunch of things but new 12v wires are alot of money for just one and if you buy it in a store it still comes in 8 guage wire. ii have 2 power cables for 2 different amps and a battery in the back powering the p3s in the middle.

Veng.