2006 bass race world finals i was in the semi finals, ans tied at 139.9

in bass race, at that time atleast, when you tied, you had 5 minutes to re-charge your car before tie breaker. as soon as the round was over, the meter said "tie", and then said 5 minutes, and started the automatic countdown. sam horn said "just ignore that, we are gonna restart in 25 seconds". i looked at him and said that the rule book states 5 minutes, and he said to get ready we are starting in 25 seconds. i have never wanted to break someones head in that fuckin bad in my life. i traveled so many miles, spent so much money on the trip, and got screwed, plain and simple. 25 seconds is not adequate time to recharge your car. had 25 seconds actually been the rule, i would have had more batteries in my car to accommodate.

a similar situation happened at USAC world finals about running our cars in the building. As it turns out, I couldn't start my car, but a five time world finalist could. Some judges just love abusing thier power.

2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion

2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

I started competing in Sound Quality in 1997, but walked away from it all in 2006 after a nasty confrontation with a head judge that liked to make up his own rules. Selling my SQ car was easy to do at the time, but I have missed it everyday since. Now I have been following things on SMD for a while now and have been thinking about building my first SPL car. My platform is usable, it's a 1990 Honda Civic hatch. Since money is a big issue with the Financial Advisor (my wife), it looks like its gonna be a hard long road. Since I don't sleep well, I lay in bed plotting and planning all kinds of stuff. As aweful as it sounds I think I am fixing to build the worlds cheapest SPL install and hope for the best. I am just worried about just how cheap the system is gonna have to be. When Sound Quality was our thing, the Advisor was all for buiulding and doing the things that had to be done to make these cars happen. Now she has NO interest in anything 12volt(hehe). just wondering if any of you guys have had this kind of issue. I figure this is a better thread than "How will this sound?" haha

World cheapest SPL build is tough. In 2005 I invested $600 (including $100 to buy the van) And built a setup with 6) 12s that got me 7th place at World Finals that year.

Today is much tougher to do that as SPL level have gone up.

But using something like this guy is not expensive at all

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

While the larger shows would be nice, I am just interested in making local shows right now. If it all goes well, I'd certanly be upgrading and moving up. Its more to have the hobby again than anything else.

• 4 weeks later...

ok, an update. I purchased a Kicker DX1000.1 and four Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs. I built an 8 CuFt, ported box for them and entered Pro Stock 0-600 at Fry's in Webster this last weekend for thier annual USACi event. I placed 3rd with just over 146db. Not too bad for a system that was designed and installe din less than a week. Not bad for an RMS rating at 280 watts.

Hell yeah man, good to see ya getting back into it.

Thanks, I had to convince the financial advisor (my wife) that it was worth it again. I have plans, but need to wait on funds.