Second Skin Audio

Need Help on what 10" subs to get and amps

JORDEN_23

For less then 380 each you can get some dc xl's and those are way better then w7s imo.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

here is my opinion get the mayhems, granted theyre not cheap but i am personally running one mayhem 12 on about 225 watts and it gets loud as hell for the power and out of a trunk car. the w7s are decent but u pay too damn much for a brand name, that is typical of mainstream companies and is why i prefer to buy from companies like Ascendant FI DC AQ and such. as far as an amp goes id run one for each sub probably a AQ 1200 per sub. thatll put u just under 2k, becareful though make sure you match the subs and amp with a good headunit and component speakers. also if our going to buy a powerful system like this you'll need to use a good bit of sound dampener

here is my opinion get the mayhems, granted theyre not cheap but i am personally running one mayhem 12 on about 225 watts and it gets loud as hell for the power and out of a trunk car. the w7s are decent but u pay too damn much for a brand name, that is typical of mainstream companies and is why i prefer to buy from companies like Ascendant FI DC AQ and such. as far as an amp goes id run one for each sub probably a AQ 1200 per sub. thatll put u just under 2k, becareful though make sure you match the subs and amp with a good headunit and component speakers. also if our going to buy a powerful system like this you'll need to use a good bit of sound dampener

Yea but for 380 each for 10" Jl audio w7's when they are 687 each is really good price. the mayhem are good that's the company Steve meade's subs are from. I don't know the price of 12" mayhem's. JL Audio w7 are really good the quality is awesome. that's why i think i might go with those because for $760 i get 2 10" w7 and free shipping that's awesome then i can get good wires and good amps plus be able to do a good sub and amp en closer. be able to spend more on what i want it to look like. some thing like this http://image.caraudiomag.com/f/9934207/caep_0611_01_z%2B2006_chrysler_300c%2Btrunk_view_w_subwoofers.jpg

once again dc is cheaper for an xl 10 shipped to your door and will be way louder and sound great doing it match them with a aq 3500 and some knu 0 gauge with a couple of xs batteries ftw.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

Yea but for 380 each for 10" Jl audio w7's when they are 687 each is really good price. the mayhem are good that's the company Steve meade's subs are from. I don't know the price of 12" mayhem's. JL Audio w7 are really good the quality is awesome. that's why i think i might go with those because for $760 i get 2 10" w7 and free shipping that's awesome then i can get good wires and good amps plus be able to do a good sub and amp en closer. be able to spend more on what i want it to look like. some thing like this http://image.caraudiomag.com/f/9934207/caep_0611_01_z%2B2006_chrysler_300c%2Btrunk_view_w_subwoofers.jpg

if u can dude try getting more experience before u do ur big buy go to car shows or find friends with systems listen to different type of systems you can make any woofer sound good as long as you know what your doing w7's are good woofers but for that amount of money you can get more or better equipment from other companies that arent mainstream. spend time on the forums research peoples builds and am sure you can put together ur dream system

cowboys_logo.gif

and how many of you have actually used a w7? if not shut the fuck up on them being over priced. they arn't cheap but they arn't garbage

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

and how many of you have actually used a w7? if not shut the fuck up on them being over priced. they arn't cheap but they arn't garbage

i have experience with the w7 although ive never owned one i know how they sound there good shit and ur right there far from garbage they are priced for the mainstream public that dont know any better

cowboys_logo.gif

i know about w7s my neighbor had a Lincoln with 3 13w7's and a rockford 2500 on them my xl is just as loud as all three.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

Archived