Second Skin Audio

Need Help on what 10" subs to get and amps

JORDEN_23

HELP ME PLEASE Hi I'm new here and some what new to audio systems I'm about to buy either a 2005 Chrysler 300c or a 2005 Dodge Magnum. I'm looking to do a really nice clean system setup. I want nice loud bass. I don't want it to sound like crap and don't know what subs or what amps and wires to get looking to spend at the most 3,000 on it. I think I should go with 2 10" subs. I have been looking at a couple different kinds. 1) 2 JL audio 10W7-3 2) 2 JBL W10GTi MkII 3) 2 Fi BTL 10 3) 2 Rockford Fosgate T1D410 4) 2 12" ascendant audio mayham.

Those are the subs i've been looking at or some one can give me a better selection.. but I don't know what kind of amps and wires and other stuff I will need to run 2 10" subs. please help.

I want my system to look some thing like this http://image.caraudiomag.com/f/9934207/caep_0611_01_z%2B2006_chrysler_300c%2Btrunk_view_w_subwoofers.jpg

hertz hi energy subs are cheaper and sound just as good if not better then w7's. Youd only need 1000rms to power them. in the proper enclosure they should sound great and get moderately loud.

As far as your previous options

2 w7s and proper power for them become over 3k real fast, also the fabrication that you want in that pic isnt cheap as well.

BTLs arent 10s

T1's shouldnt even be in the same thread

its kinda wierd because you have SPL subs in the same thread as woofers that are meant to sound good in the JBL and JL offerings. You need to figure out what real direction you want to go and relook what everything is going to cost to get going properly

I AM NEW TO ALL THIS AND I JUST PUT THOSE NAMES DOWN BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME THAT THOSE ARE REALLY GOOD SUBS. I WANT A NICE SOUND AND ALL I WANT TO SPEND RIGHT THIS MOMENT IS AROUND 3K. I LOVE BASS SO DON'T KNOW WHAT TO GET COULD U HELP ME AND LIST PARTS TO LOOK AT THAT WOULD MAKE UP A GOOD SYSTEM FOR AROUND 3K THANKS

Your $3,000 budget is gonna be cut in half just for the install of a trunk like that! lol seriously though, i would stay away from JL as they are super expensive and are usually out performed by subs costing much much less. Look at DC sound lab, Audioque HD10's or something along those lines. Sundown amps are great and are used by tons of people here. I would add an XS battery and run Knukonceptz wires "0" gauge for the amp. Ask around about different products here people are always helpful.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

I CAN DO ALL THE INSTALL AND BUILD OF IT. I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT SUBS AND WHAT AMPS AND WIRES TO BUY AND OTHER PARTS. I HAVE 3K FOR THE 2 SUBS AND AMPS AND PARTS. I WANT REALLY NICE LOUD DEEP BASS FOR MY MUSIC. PEOPLE TOLD ME TO GET JL AUDIO 10W7-3 OR THE 12'S BUT I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT OR THE WEBSITES SO IF SOME ONE COULD REALLY HELP OUT THAT WOULD BE GOOD AND THANKS FROM THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE ALL READY POSTED

W7s are way overpriced. Look at DC sound lab. 2 lvl 4 10s would be nice .

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Think about this amp, its state of the art of sound, you can power a whole system and if you realy want to sell him later you can get a good price for it.

I heard that he cost without any savings around 1500 $ in the US. Thats amount of cash of your budget and so its to look to hold the rest in the line of budget. As Subs i guess you those, SA Subs can take a shitload of power but they start to live with less so the the 1 K-watt of the amp is enough.

For the doors try to get 2 6.5 comp or 1 3-way comp, here in the forum, in the want to sale/buy section there all time offers from good bnib comps

from Rockford Fosgate, Hertz and so on sometimes the last series model but them good. For the rear take a pair of 6.5 of coaxes for arround 100-150 bucks.

That is a system who let feel the bass with a prety good sound quality for cruisin and fun, out of topbrands. With only one amp, that means less cables

and hopefully your carelectrical need no upgrade than big3.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I CAN DO ALL THE INSTALL AND BUILD OF IT. I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT SUBS AND WHAT AMPS AND WIRES TO BUY AND OTHER PARTS. I HAVE 3K FOR THE 2 SUBS AND AMPS AND PARTS. I WANT REALLY NICE LOUD DEEP BASS FOR MY MUSIC. PEOPLE TOLD ME TO GET JL AUDIO 10W7-3 OR THE 12'S BUT I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT OR THE WEBSITES SO IF SOME ONE COULD REALLY HELP OUT THAT WOULD BE GOOD AND THANKS FROM THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE ALL READY POSTED

Yeah most people will tell you to get JL subs but just like anything else there are others that are much better and actually cheaper. JL subs are like Kicker, Rockford and other mainstream subs they are mass produced and made as cheap as possible. A handbuilt sub from a small company will perform better.

Audioque HD10's $458

Sundown 3500d USED $500-$700

Knukonceptz 0 gauge $1.95 per ft

Knukonceptz RCA wires $20.00

XS Power D3400 $275

Add another $200 for speaker wire, battery terminals, fuse holders, screws, wood, glue and whatever else comes up. Thats around $1600 for everything without shipping. That setup will sound good in a Magnum or 300.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

Archived