DC Sound Lab

All DC XL users......

So just wanting to get a few opinions from others running the XL. SkittlesRGood heard and saw mine this past weekend along with Alpine from team bassick. "problem" is the sub is really moving and REALLY moving some air. Box is 1.48^ft with two 3"x22" aeroports. This is my old box I'm about to post in this vid. If you haven't looked in my log it's a different box now and sealed up. I'm debating to send it to Rusty and have him look at it or says screw it and just buy a recone if it blows. I'm worried it is going to loose control of the cone and really make some bad stuff happen. Lol. I'm only running a audiopipe 1500 and want to get another audiopipe or a AQ2200 but how it looks now skittles said he wouldn't give it any more lower like it is. So done rambling on. Ask for any info that might help me figure this out. If I have to buy a recone I'm fine with that it's just debating wether or not it's worth the $100 to ship it there and back for him to look at it. Here's the vid this box was the first week and a half I had it before I made the new one. Inthe vid it's 1.75^ft tuned at 35. Basically I'm asking if you were only throwing 1200-1500 watts on a XL

wouldn't you be worried if it was already moving this much?<br><br>

<br><br><br><br><br><br>edit: the forums acting weird and not letting me embed right........<br> Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I felt LoudNLows 15's one of which were just reconed a week ago and the other has been playing for months and both of his were stiff as shit compared to mine. You can basically breathe on mine and it will move a little.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

I felt LoudNLows 15's one of which were just reconed a week ago and the other has been playing for months and both of his were stiff as shit compared to mine. You can basically breathe on mine and it will move a little.

i compared how much miy 15s moved to some fresh reconed level 5 12s and the 12s moved with some serious ease

both were installed

Edited by Mr. Darkjustice

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I had my XL 18 in a 7 cubic foot box(pretty big) running on an AQ 2200 for about a month and a half to 2 months and it remained stiff. I really don't notice a difference in the suspension from day 1 until now.

Also I can't really tell how much the sub was moving, but going off of what you say and the power you listed, I'd be hesitant to throw more at it. A recone may do you some good.

Are 18" woofers supposed to be stiffer than 12"? An old JL 12w3 of mine moves similar to how you described yours.

Ask Rusty about it and go from there, I guess.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

Yeah I talked to rusty. If I just need a recone because something I screwed up that's fine it's just if something wasn't right it would be covered by dc. So it's just debating if the roundtrip shipping on a 53lb woofer is worth it to find out..... I just took another vid. I'll have it uploaded in about a half hour.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150