Where would the IACV be on a 1995 chevy lumina(updates)

Mines is doing the same thing. High idle and this happened right after a tune up.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

There's the video!

That power wire off the accessory post going thru the door jam looks safe :) atleast it's fused.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

That power wire off the accessory post going thru the door jam looks safe :) atleast it's fused.

There is 3 inches of cap on each side in the door jam and the wire doesn't get smashed.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Water's ok as long as engine is running and it's a minute amount.

How do you think people clean the top end of their engines without disassembling them?

A can of Top Engine cleaner followed by some water.

Ever see a piston of a cylinder with a coolant leak?

Nice and shiny.

Well duh the motor has to be running regardless of what your using to test for vac. leaks with this type of test.

Whether your using 1800PSI or a can of whatever to clean your motor its 100% diff from getting water in the engine. Pour water in through your oil cap and intake man. and tell me what happens.

Ever see a piston of a cylinder without a coolant leak.

rusted and pitted... lol

What are you getting at anyways?

Derp.

Well duh the motor has to be running regardless of what your using to test for vac. leaks with this type of test.

Whether your using 1800PSI or a can of whatever to clean your motor its 100% diff from getting water in the engine. Pour water in through your oil cap and intake man. and tell me what happens.

Ever see a piston of a cylinder without a coolant leak.

rusted and pitted... lol

What are you getting at anyways?

I never said anything about the oil. :)

And I have run water through the intake before.

And I'm not really getting at anything, LoL.

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of making a new thread I'll just post it here.

Now I did a coolant flush to the car and everything went well, now there is a leak on the right side of the rad if you are standing in front of the car, I can't exactly source the leak but when you drive it for awhile and shut the car off it pisses everywhere and when the pressure comes down it stops.

But I just got back from a 20 minute drive and it didn't leak after I stopped and had the heat on.

The temp was normal on the dash.

And the car still idles high in park lol.

Rest In Peace mother.

First thing you wanna do is get under it and see if you can find where its coming from. Could be coming from the draincock or even the lower hose. Depending on how you flushed it. May just need to be tightened if it didn't do it before. My lil S10 did the same thing when I flushed it. Turned out to be a loose hose on the lower side.

Derp.

First thing you wanna do is get under it and see if you can find where its coming from. Could be coming from the draincock or even the lower hose. Depending on how you flushed it. May just need to be tightened if it didn't do it before. My lil S10 did the same thing when I flushed it. Turned out to be a loose hose on the lower side.

Checked every hose,fitting and everything and turned out to have a crack in the side plastic tanks that meet the rad.

I bought a temp fix solution from O'Riley some bars stop leak and seems to have fixed the problem till I can get a new rad.

Now I know either you or some more people will tell me that using that stuff was a bad idea but I won't keep the stuff in there for long and plan on doing another flush in a couple months because of how bad the fluid was when I did it a couple weeks ago.

Rest In Peace mother.

Archived