Sonic Electronix

Can't get rid of static noise

ok so i just went out and tried grounding the headunit to where my amp is grounded (rear battery negative terminal, yes at 130 am in my unlit apartment parking lot) anddd itssss stilll thereeeee ahhhhhhhhhh........ what do i doooooo :( fml. pretty sure everything in the back is sanded down really well. guess ill re-sand/ground everything under the hood too. help me puh-leeeaseeeee

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

off crutchfield

The Battery Itself - The battery can cause problems if it is:

weak.

overcharged.

undercharged.

dirty.

not making a good ground connection to the vehicle chassis.

batteries are both new xs power d3100's and both sit at 14.7 when the cars on.

so yea, everything in my car is grounded to the same place, besides the battery up front i guess...i may be wrong, but it seems like a bad idea to remove the grounding for that...

the head unit is different from the one i had before which was a sloppy sony, its an eclipse brand new, never used with an amp before...new head unit time?...being broke sucks :'(

maybe a negative feedback loop? thatd really suck a$$ if i had to switch 4 6x9s and 4 tweeters...

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

ok went out again, re-sanded the grounds in the back. when i unplug the rca's the static goes away, so i have noise entering the signal path. i tried running a different rca cable down the opposite side of the car and it didnt do anything. any other ideas on what might be causing this? thanks!

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

dunno if this matters but each channel has a 6x9 and a tweeter wired to it. should i wire it to 6x9s together and tweeters together? i feel like im talking to myself... :/

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

ok so i just hooked up my amp to my ipod directly and the static's gone. so im guessing my head units fuxed.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

Uhm. I really wish someone else would chime in because I only know so much hands on with dealing with static. So with the car running if the iPod is hooked up the noise is gone? Did you try it with the radio pulled out of the dash? To make sure something by the radio isn't causing it?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

yea i figured it out. effed up head unit. it worked fine with my ipod plugged in directly to amp and when i switched the eclipse out to my old shitty sony it fixed it as well. sent the eclipse back to get it switched. im just having really bad luck with this first setup lol. effed head unit, blown amp. i just wanna get my first setup doneeee T_T lol

thanks for all your help man :)

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

Archived