Sonic Electronix

Can the stock honda guts handle this?

i have a 06 civic coupe with stock alt (honda told me we have a 120 amp alt stock) and a stinger batt. i have 4 tvs ps3 power inverter 4 12s 2 amps all running at once and have never had a voltage drop even at full tilt.........no lights dimming or anything like that

you should be fine ......also i think the accord hve bigger alts

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

ok thank you all. the big three is a huge pain in the ass in this car, my alt to battery wire is so hard to get to. ill just use stinger 0 gauge. i ran the amp already and honesty there was hardly a voltage drop. im already running tons of stuff off this battery, its defiantly time for an upgrade. Big three first but like i said its really hard to do in this car i cant get to the wires.

yeah but i then theres the whole wiring the other battery. i need an isolator or relay or something, i haven't looked into how to do that yet honestly

if you want to fuck up your alt then go ahead and get an isolator. BUT if theres the slim chance that you dont want to have a blown up alt in the future, then dont get it. reason being is alternators HATE charging dead batteries. isolators are only good for if you play your system with the car off for very long periods of time. isolators wait till the battery voltage drops very low and switches to the other battery and leaves the alt the job of charging an extremely dead battery.

heres how you wire a 2nd batt (which you wont need with your system). put the battery where you please, and take 0 gauge wire and put it on the + terminal of the battery under the hood and run it to the + terminal on the second battery. for ground you can do the same or you can just take a short piece of wire from second battery - to a STRONG ground point.

kranny no need to get so cranky. but thanks for the information i wasn't aware that it was so easy

im not trying to be a kranky kranny at all (lol). i just dont want to see someone slowly ruining their equipment over something as simple as that.