how to set volume on amp on computer

ok so i dont know if i did this right or not but i have a revolution 5.1 sound card with a digital out and i ran an rca from there to the amplifier and i here music coming from the speaker but not alot even with gain all the way up its quiet ... maybe i have it hooked up wrong but how do i adjust the volume ?

• 1 month later...

My desktop 5.1 audio sits at 100%, I adjust the volume through the Logitech speaker controller.

My other desktop has a pair of Edirol monitors, they sit at around 40% volume, and I control the volume via Volume keys on my keyboard (via the windows volume control.)

Standalone amps (like car amplifiers and high-end home stereo amps) are generally set as 'dead stick', where you set the input level to just below distortion and control volume off the source.

For computers, it's whatever is more convenient. If you have keyboard audio controls, I generally use those so I don't have to reach across the desk. If not, and the volume control isn't too far a reach, I use the speaker controls.

In your volume control panel is "Wave" ("Application" in Vista/7) also turned up? Keyboard controls/3rd party software control panels usually only change one of the two (yes, windows is that dumb lol) volume control sliders. The other slider is called "Volume Control" in WinXP and "Device" in Vista/7.

Dont turn Wave/Application to full, around 85 - 90% is usually best since some sound devices create distortion above that for some reason.

edit

I hate that typing eighty (the numerals for it) gives a smilie: 80

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived