Sonic Electronix

How do I wire my dash/doors to an amp?

I have 2 speakers in the dash and 1 speaker in each door.

The wires all lead to the head unit.

What is the best way to wire them to an amp?

i suck men dry...email me for details

Get enough speaker wire to run from the amp to the back of the headunit. You cut the wires from the harness to the speakers

well the thing about that is, the front doors are wired kind of odd:

dash wire------[left door bridged onto dash wire]------head unit

[] indicates behind the speedometer and gauges...which I can't get to...

What I did last time was bypass the left door by wiring directly to the dash. So I've got the left side taken care of.

But what about the right side? The glove box is in the way.

With the left side, once you take off the console thing, the dash wire is easily accessible on the left side.

If you want to play it safe since you are unsure about the current wiring, just run new speaker wire from the amp to the speakers. Disconnect the existing wiring and cover the ends with electrical tape or heat shrink tubing so they do not short against anything or each other.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

is for the jimmy if so i all wired to the front channels

i used to wire at the harness tie the front speakers wires to the rear wire and run new wire from the rear speakers wires to the amp but i only had 50 rms goin to the fronts

1996 Chevy Tahoe

AKA My SQ Hoe

Pioneer AVH-X2800BS

Precision Power PC.18DS

MB Quart NA540.6

Skar Audio RP-2000.1D

55-3210 -  8 Inch MCM AUDIO SELECT

Rockville RXM64

Tymphany BC25SC06-04

Kenwood KFC-1795PS

Alright...so I'm probably going to wire everything back to the amp.

What's the best way to do it?

I already have the power, RCA and remote along the drivers side...it's getting too cluttered.

Should I get shielded wire since I'm running along other wires?

How much will I have to take apart?

I know how to take the door panels off for the front and most of the dash...

I assume I will only need to take apart as much as I need and just leave the existing wires where they are? (obviously cutting them off and crimping them so they don't hit anything)

i know in my chevy if if you open the dash you can wedge your hand up in the left corner of it, and put one hand in behind the cd player and feed wire up through it and pull the wires up there and you can just put all the wires together right there and run them under your glove box and then down the sides of the doors to your amp

i know in my chevy if if you open the dash you can wedge your hand up in the left corner of it, and put one hand in behind the cd player and feed wire up through it and pull the wires up there and you can just put all the wires together right there and run them under your glove box and then down the sides of the doors to your amp

Not to threadjack, but Bigaltexas, looking at your avatar jus made me like super thirsty!! lol..To the OP, I had a blazer the same year as yours and i just ran all new speaker wire from the speakers to my amps..It was a HUGE pain in the rectum but it does pay off in the long run! Just be patient and take your time..And if you have any questions, these guys on this website are truly helpful!! Unlike the other sites!! Welcome to SMD!!!!

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt