Second Skin Audio

The "dd" Box

what does port noise do to the sound

Depending on the vehicle, if its going in a trunk, you wont hear port noise. but you pretty much hear the air comming from the port, kind of like a whistle sound.

audiofan, you got a DD what do you tink

What do I think about what?

Id build the box to their specs.

Once my 9512 is reconed into a 18 with a kevlar cone, i will be trying different things. Im going to try a crx style in my trunk. 5 cubed at 40 hz.

When I inverted my port before I messed the sub up, it got a lot louder, I also chopped some port length off and was at about 38 hz or so. Do their recommended specs.

i can tell you from experiance to go with dd's rec. of 16sqin of port area per cuft. if you want the perfect box for that dd. use this formula HxWxDx.78x.83divided by 1728. it will give you your air space after port. then take that air space multiply by 16 then you have your port area for the air space you have. make your port 16in long and that will tune you to 40hz.

boxpics012.jpg

this is my box that has the center peice removable for comps. i run 2 dd 3515's off a single dd m3. i did 149.3 at a usaci event. i went to custom soundworks and on a b&k meter legal sealed i pulled a 147.7.

Edited by loburbon

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png