Sonic Electronix

So I was curious, I want to get a stinger volt meter. My question is what is there to do to set it up? I am pretty sure that you just have to extend the wires to reach your amp (where I want to have my volts read from), and do you just connect pos. and neg.? Or is there more to it?

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

You also want to use a DMM to match it to the voltage where the wires are connected to............so if your measuring the voltage at the amps you take the DMM reading from there and use the adjuster on the Meter to match it up

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

You also want to use a DMM to match it to the voltage where the wires are connected to............so if your measuring the voltage at the amps you take the DMM reading from there and use the adjuster on the Meter to match it up

^^^^x2 make sure you do this.

Anyways you just connect positive to wherever you want your readout from (I.E. battery or amp) then ground it with amp, or wherever is easiest for you. Then the turn on lead goes to amp remote wire! It's reall easy to install.

But as a warning, these things are REALLY bright at night so I would suggest mounting it somewhere where it's not going to bother your vision when driving at night. Mine is right above my HU, and it's horribly bright at night.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Anyways you just connect positive to wherever you want your readout from (I.E. battery or amp) then ground it with amp, or wherever is easiest for you. Then the turn on lead goes to amp remote wire! It's reall easy to install.

But as a warning, these things are REALLY bright at night so I would suggest mounting it somewhere where it's not going to bother your vision when driving at night. Mine is right above my HU, and it's horribly bright at night.

If you have access to some 10% tint it really helps to put it over the meter.....you cant still see the numbers fine but it wont be as distracting/blinding at night....

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I agree it can be a bit bright..

Whats most important(at least to me) is voltage at your amp so Pos to Pos terminal on your amp.. Ground to ground obviously. and Remote you can tap into the amps remote wire pretty much.

Team Bass Hz - Louder. Lower. - Team SoCal SPL

2010 West Coast Regional 130-139.9 Bass Race CHAMP

The remote wire can i just put in with the remote wire where it is at the amp? Like what i am saying is just put it in the REM terminal on the amp with the remote wire? and grounding: Just ground like where my amp ground is at the body?

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

yea thats fine i just grabbed ign wire up front then ran a speaker wire to my back batterys and hooked up pos and neg on the battery (same as the amp) then use a dmm and get voltage in the back and adjust meter in the front to match

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Alright thanks for your help guys. I just wanted to check and be sure before i went ahead and messed it up.

Can you just hook it up to your head unit wires then take the DMM measure voltage at amp(s) and adjust it that way or will it not be very accurate?

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!