Sundown Audio

Powerbass... To buy... Or not to buy???

johnyrb2002

Hello all... I am realizing how little I really know about car audio because I need REAL help please. I have 2 Cerwin Vega Stroker 124's (2002 series) They are rated at 2000 RMS each. My problem is that I do not have an amp to power them and don't have a lot of money to spend on one. I have seen the Powerbass xa-4000d for a decent price as I'm sure most of you have seen as well. I don't have any experience with any amp/s rated over 1000 RMS so I have been doing as much research as possible on this amp. Yet I have not found any really helpful information on them. I would like to know what the voltage ratings are and or do they run at the full rated wattage with only 12 volts (I read that somewhere on here)? I would also like to know what all I need to run the amp...i.e. extra batteries, what amp fuses, alternator, 1/O or 2/O gauge...etc? ANY help will be very much appreciated!!!! Thank you in advance for any help provided. OH and hey Steve.... if you read this, what would it take for a fellow Sacramento boy to get a enclosure designed for him???? Thanks again.

I would wonder at the idea of spending $1k to be able to run around 16v just so you don't have to upgrade your $500 amp. Also if you start blowing other electronics in the truck that $1k could climb greatly

you guys better lay off, seriously, alot people from around the world visit this site, and not everyone has heard of DD, so either help the guy or STFU this isnt ROE or *** or any of those other craptastic sites that lets users just abuse other people for fun, some of you have been here long enough to know this.

maybe consider getting a XS D3100 in the rear, maybe D6500 or 3400 under the hood. at least 180a alt, preferably anything over 200 though. run + & - in 1/0 awg throughout the car.

and ive heard that the powerbass amps are pretty good. i own a four channel and its a lot stronger than the hifonics i had.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Those amps can take a beating. And I'm sure there are a few people in the Sactown area who can get ya going on a box.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Those amps can take a beating. And I'm sure there are a few people in the Sactown area who can get ya going on a box.

I don't live in Sac anymore and where I live there isn't anyone that does car audio. I don't trust to many people in the shops because a lot of them claim to know more than they really do. I just figured I would ask because I've learned "closed mouths don't get fed". If he replied with a dollar figure I would have done all I could to come up with the money to pay for the design alone. Anyhow I realized that I never mentioned the purpose of my set-up is for daily use not compitition. Thank you all for your help and I'm looking forward to receiving more knowlege on this topic as well as others. Thanks again.

I would wonder at the idea of spending $1k to be able to run around 16v just so you don't have to upgrade your $500 amp. Also if you start blowing other electronics in the truck that $1k could climb greatly

you guys better lay off, seriously, alot people from around the world visit this site, and not everyone has heard of DD, so either help the guy or STFU this isnt ROE or *** or any of those other craptastic sites that lets users just abuse other people for fun, some of you have been here long enough to know this.

Archived